Radtel Charges

Submitted: Friday, Apr 04, 2003 at 17:17
ThreadID: 4221 Views:1987 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello all,I use my hf radio to make limited phone calls through RADTEL.Sometime ago i was contacted by letter advising that because so many radtel members had small accounts l/m communicationswould not send individual accounts out

I understood they requested members to forward a bulk payment say $100 or other amount of the members choosing.then the members actual call costs be debited against the credit amount held by radtel.
To reduce their collection fees

However i now have received an invoice from l/m communications which takes $92.08 from my $100 advance .ie i have lost $92.08 as i have not used the service for some time. Apparently i made $7.92 worth of calls but ended up paying $100 for this.

Have just spoken to l/m communicationsand they confirmed you lose any amount that is not consumed by actual calls during the accounting period.

QUESTION Did i missunderstand or is this what other members understood.
Thank you for your thoughts.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Darian - Friday, Apr 04, 2003 at 21:45

Friday, Apr 04, 2003 at 21:45
Go back Brian and check out the written advice to you at the time of joining. I don't like it, but if that was the advice, you don't have come back. If you go to their site (www.radtelnetwork.com.au) you will see in item 16, on the Join Us Now page, that pre-paid dollars are lost after 12 months. Was this included in your advice ? Wonder why this advice is not included up the top with the other fees points ? I'm looking at joining soon, but with a $110 annual fee, I won't be losing $90 odd extra dollars for nothing. Seems credit card debit is the way to go - let them take the dough for the time you use. If they get it right, I'll stay with them. VKS737, the Australian HF Radio Network, has an affiliation with Radtel....I'm sure the members will be interested in this subject.Love the bush - stuck in the city - help.
AnswerID: 16899

Reply By: Member - Topcat - Friday, Apr 04, 2003 at 22:31

Friday, Apr 04, 2003 at 22:31
Hi Brian, if you don't mind others listening in on calls another alternative is setting up an account with your nearest Royal Flying Doctor Base which will be billed to your home phone account & only charged for the calls you make.
I have used this system in the past & find it a lot cheaper then the RadPhone system. Mind you, you will have to have an Outpost Radio License to use the RFDS frequencies. Cheers.Have Wheels Will Travel
AnswerID: 16902

Sponsored Links