Pathfinder wheels

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 22, 2003 at 15:17
ThreadID: 4506 Views:1383 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
First time asking a question in the forum (joined last week-but have been looking at it from time to time!)
I have a 2002 Pathfinder and am wondering if any one has found any after market wheels to suit it?
If not,I thought I may be able to fit the steel patterned rims from an earlier model Pathy-say 1996 vintage or thereabouts.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Moggs - Tuesday, Apr 22, 2003 at 17:09

Tuesday, Apr 22, 2003 at 17:09
Hi Pathy33, just curious - why would you want to change the standard alloys? - they are a good looking quality wheel, even if Nissan are not currently selling replacement units (supply issue??). We are in the process of sourcing an additional spare prior to an outback trip, and were thinking that maybe two additional alloys would be better so that we can rotate all six wheels (our Pathy has a steel spare), so if your looking to sell your alloys let me know. As far as finding alternate wheels, there is nothing special in the pathy wheel so I should think your options will be many.Moggs ( Normanhurst NSW)
AnswerID: 18106

Follow Up By: Pathy33 - Tuesday, Apr 22, 2003 at 19:20

Tuesday, Apr 22, 2003 at 19:20
Moggs, I want a second set of wheels so that i can fit some Cooper STs on them for when I go bush (keep the alloys in good nick for weddings and funerals!)Quite impressed with the performance of the Pathy in the High Country after having a GQ diesel for 6 years! (Had to down size to fit the vehicle in our units gge)

Truckster, someone mentioned that I should give EKW a ring and see what they have.
FollowupID: 11370

Follow Up By: Member - Rohan K - Monday, Apr 28, 2003 at 13:17

Monday, Apr 28, 2003 at 13:17
Pathie33, why bother with 2 sets? The STs are supposed to be pretty solid on the road. The cost of "holding" a second set of wheels and tyres would buy you a new set of Sts.

I can't blame you for wanting something better off-road than the Bridgestone Dueler H/Ts fitted as standard. I had them in some slippery stuff last week and they were shocking. My friends, in a Prado with brand new Copper A/Ts were quietly grinning. I'm looking to fit a set of Sts, when the new compound STC comes out (or maybe some ProComp Xterrains). I'd be interested to hear what you think of the Sts when fitted.

Moggs and I are both looking for a second spare so let us know if you find a supplier.Be good, or be quick.
Rohan (Sydney)
FollowupID: 11606

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Apr 22, 2003 at 17:42

Tuesday, Apr 22, 2003 at 17:42
Try wreckers, and ask if you can try the rims on your car....
AnswerID: 18111

Reply By: Member - John- Tuesday, Apr 22, 2003 at 22:07

Tuesday, Apr 22, 2003 at 22:07
When I owned a 2000 Pathy I looked at a second set of wheels so I could have a set of highway tyres and mudders. Decided a set of BFG AT KO's was all that was ever required. Spent the money on an ARB engine bay mounted air compressor so I could le the tyres down to 25psi for offroad. Bloody magic! That Pathy just went anywhere I asked it.

I did find a good looking white Sunraysia style steel wheel from one of the major after market wheel suppliers that fitted the Pathy with correct offset, etc.

If you just need a second spare you may find one at wrecking yards from older Pathy's but beware the differences between major model changes (11/95 and 8/99). The wheel size and offsets may change.

The OE steel spare can be purchased from your friendly Nissan parts bloke for some indecent price.
AnswerID: 18138

Reply By: desert - Thursday, Apr 24, 2003 at 10:34

Thursday, Apr 24, 2003 at 10:34
My neighbour has set of chrome steel rims, I think they are 15x6 ? from an earlier model. The centres were bored out to suit a Hi-lux, before he discovered that the off-set fouled them on the Toyota steering arms. Now they are gathering dust in the shed again.
AnswerID: 18270

Sponsored Links