In-dash Cold water dispenser/tap

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 23, 2003 at 02:09
ThreadID: 4516 Views:1923 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
A long time ago I saw a Personnel Carrier in a 4WD Mag that had cold water routed from a built in tank via the aircon piping, to cool the water, to a nifty little tap in the dash.

Does anyone know how this can be done exactly?
Or has anyone done the same sort of thing?

Cheers,
Ian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: roscoe - Wednesday, Apr 23, 2003 at 10:55

Wednesday, Apr 23, 2003 at 10:55
It was in a 4wd monthly magazine called the Accessories guide. You may need to call them (02 9282 8777) to get in contact with the owner (the article says his name is Bob Thwaite and he is a Sydney sparkie-maybe someone here knows him?) The magazine is now a few years old (98/99 I think). You are right though, it does look and sound like a marvellous thing to have.

Seeya, Roscoe.
AnswerID: 18175

Follow Up By: Dozer - Wednesday, Apr 23, 2003 at 21:01

Wednesday, Apr 23, 2003 at 21:01
Hi I set my 60 up like that after reading about his setup (in the white troupy)
You need to pressureise the water tank with 2-3 psi roughly via a regulator and compresser (or a regulator and stored pressure) and run some copper tubes up through the air ducting. I wrapped the tube around a 2 inch pipe to get more surface area to cool. Works a treat when you want cold/(or hot) water.
Andrew
FollowupID: 11434

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Apr 23, 2003 at 13:48

Wednesday, Apr 23, 2003 at 13:48
try www.4wdmonthly.com.au and their new forum..

The mods there should be able to point you at the correct magazine.
AnswerID: 18177

Reply By: Michael - Thursday, Apr 24, 2003 at 07:40

Thursday, Apr 24, 2003 at 07:40
Hi all,A friend gave me a drink dispenser gizmo in the mid 70's and i fitted it to my HK Monaro. It consisted of a dispenser that bolted under the dash on passenger side(in the days that cars had something to screw to), It had 4 buttons on the unit for different cordials and a cold water button that was vacuum operated from the cars intake manifold, that created vacuum to suck the cordials andwater to the unit inside the car. The 4 cordial bottles and the water bottles were in a foam esky and you could pack it with ice to keep it all cold. It also had a small heat exchange connected to the cooling system and gave me near boiling water for coffee and tea. I think it was made in England, so there is really nothing new around. Michael.
ps forgot to mention that the esky was in the boot and the cordials and water were transported to cabin via PVC tubes that went from
front to back under the carpet.
AnswerID: 18258

Sponsored Links