getting into yahoo

Submitted: Monday, May 19, 2003 at 17:31
ThreadID: 5003 Views:1593 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
has anybody signed up with yahoo (iwould like to look at patrol list and a caravan /offroad site) the yahoo site has accepted all the details but keeps telling me my computor wont accept cookies i have tried several things including turning the security off and it still kept coming back with the no cookie b/s just about ready to scrammble the yahoo site with an egg beater
steve89 nissan looking foward to august and more travelling
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Sam (NSW) - Monday, May 19, 2003 at 17:46

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 17:46
Steve

what web browser and version are you running?

Sam.
AnswerID: 20439

Reply By: Member - Sam (NSW) - Monday, May 19, 2003 at 18:03

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 18:03
Further to that, if its IE 6 (and possibly 5 and 5.5 - too far back to remember), have you tried setting the privacy settings to low? (Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy Tab) Cause in IE ver 6, this is where the cookies are controlled. If you dont want to change this setting, you can add the domain (eg www.yahoo.com.au) to bypass any cookie filtering and be allowed (click edit button at bottom of Privacy Tab).

Do you know if your web browser is creating any cookies at all? Check your cookies directory and check the date of the files. It could be a corrupt cookie from Yahoo blocking that site (if there are any Yahoo cookies in the cookie directory, try deleting them manually).

I will try a few things and see if I can't re-create your problem.

cheers,
Sam.
AnswerID: 20440

Follow Up By: GOB vic - Monday, May 19, 2003 at 18:36

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 18:36
sam
1 have tried the privacy tab both with setting to accept yahoo .comand with the slide currently set to accept all (bit of a worry) could it be my provider as he has some spam do daddy could this affect the cookies
i empteid the cookie history a few days ago so there shouldnt be much in there but i will look anyway
thanks steve 89 nissan looking foward to august and more travelling
FollowupID: 13098

Follow Up By: GOB vic - Monday, May 19, 2003 at 18:43

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 18:43
sam just had a look in temp internnet flies there are cookies from every bloke and his kelpie 1 from yahoo so deleted and will try again
steve89 nissan looking foward to august and more travelling
FollowupID: 13100

Reply By: jaycee - Monday, May 19, 2003 at 18:48

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 18:48
I joined up to get access to the patrol site, got accepted then tried to sort my way through it all. Got frustrated in the end and dumped it.
AnswerID: 20445

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Monday, May 19, 2003 at 19:11

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 19:11
This is said without any bias at all - I joined yahoo groups the other day for Magellan and Oziexplorer stuff, just to see what was out there and within only 30-60 mins of looking I was bombarded with sooooooo much in-your-face advertising that I also gave up. I admit that we have a bit of advertising on this site and we must to stay in business however I do not make you have the read pages of adverts to get to the information you requested.

For me the Yahoo groups thing was un-impressive to say the least.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
AnswerID: 20448

Follow Up By: Member - Rohan K - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 11:05

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 11:05
David, I also joined the yahoo groups for Ozi and the campertrailer group. I agree that the in-your-face advertising is a pain but I've become so habitual about just clicking the "continue to message" prompt, I hardly even notice the ads anymore.

The thing I most dislike is the way the treads are presented and the time involved to view an entire thread. Gimme ExplorOz any day.Be good, or be quick.
Rohan (Sydney)
FollowupID: 13167

Reply By: Member - Sam (NSW) - Monday, May 19, 2003 at 19:19

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 19:19
Steve

given that you are an ExplorOz member, do you have the site automatically logging you in? If so then its possibly a localised problem to Yahoo. I would find it rather odd for an ISP to block/filter cookies, especially from a site like yahoo.

I was just able to successfully create a new yahoo ID and seems to be letting me access all areas (mail, yahoo messenger etc).

Have you tried logging in on someone elses computer?

Sam.
AnswerID: 20451

Sponsored Links