Whats become of Australia?

Submitted: Monday, May 19, 2003 at 21:27
ThreadID: 5013 Views:1827 Replies:12 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Whats become of Australia when a bloke gets his tonneau nicked of the back of his lux right out the front of his own home?! Couldn't believe it. Dont these wombat headed clowns have any respect or decency at all? You dont touch another blokes ute! bleep em off to camp X-ray I say!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Geoff - Monday, May 19, 2003 at 21:40

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 21:40
Chris, we are all finding it hard to call Australia "home" any more when we are invaded with undisciplined garbage taking over our freedom. Hope you catch up with the peabrains and give em what they deserve cos' no one else will.
AnswerID: 20476

Follow Up By: Chris- Monday, May 19, 2003 at 21:46

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 21:46
Same mate. I might give him a piece of the steel cross bar he left behind ;)
FollowupID: 13122

Reply By: Kev - (Cairns,QLD) - Monday, May 19, 2003 at 21:46

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 21:46
Never heard of that happening before .

They will take anything thats not tied down..........Opps it was tied down.

At least you know what type of car they drive !
AnswerID: 20478

Follow Up By: Chris- Monday, May 19, 2003 at 21:51

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 21:51
Yeah. Says a lot about Sydney I guess. And I've lived there all my life. It was in the middle of the past two weeks of pouring rain so maybe some bloke decided he needed it more than me. Ended up with a tray full of water.
FollowupID: 13123

Follow Up By: Shawn - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 06:53

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 06:53
Friend of mine has seen school kids taking them as they are heading to the train station on their way to school. He was to late in stopping them. We suspect that they sell them for next to nothing at 'Cash Converter' type places for their smokes etc.
FollowupID: 13147

Reply By: geoffp - Monday, May 19, 2003 at 22:17

Monday, May 19, 2003 at 22:17
dont leve nothn in syd out of shotttiee range
AnswerID: 20485

Follow Up By: Member - Geoff - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 09:01

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 09:01
I don't think Sydney is the only place, we are in the bush, in Qld and had trouble. so now we have 3 large dogs and a shottttttiee not too far away under lock and key but with quick personal access, Just in case a fox is stalking the chooks ;-)
FollowupID: 13155

Reply By: johnsy - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 09:03

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 09:03
belt them and if you are taken to court plead guilty to assault and no faith in judical system along with bed wetting should get off wifhout a conviction .
AnswerID: 20508

Reply By: sloth - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 09:20

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 09:20
stick a well trained heeler in there and you will never lose a thing. My old hilux lived in sydney for two years (Glebe and Gladesville) complete with toolbox, compressor and my old dog Sam. Never lost a thing, although i had some complaints from who i believe to be would be thieves. ;>)

I cannot help it if they want to "pat the dog" and the dog does not like being pat!!!

i hate thieves.
AnswerID: 20510

Reply By: Old Jack - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 09:21

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 09:21
yep had tarp pinched off ute in front of my own house, considering it was custom made to fit the back of my ute it would be useless to anyone .
They used to put people in the stocks in public places, give floggings with whips!
maybe if we brought some of that back the pathetic morons might get the message.

In a country where if you are out of work or out of luck the tax payers will support you there is no reason to steal other than greed.........
AnswerID: 20511

Reply By: Member - Willem- Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 09:43

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 09:43
To start with if we got rid of Cash Converters we could halve the problem. That business must be the biggest fence in this country.

We have only ourselves to blame for electing governments who are so hell bent on making the population dependent on government services. Australia has a minority of rich people, a majority of deeply in debt people and another minority of dependent people. Our education system is terrible with children leaving school after 12 years with nothing to show for it, not being able to use their brains for mathematical problems or spelling, reading and writing without the aid of some electronic device. Everybody expects too much from life and people are not prepared to work hard to achieve. As long as the rabble have smokes, drinks and drugs, the thieving industry thrives. Our punishment system for those who are caught is pathetic. So no one cares.

I lived in Alice Springs for a while where the motto was " Lock it or Lose it ". Unfortunately it is up to us to go to the trouble of securing whatever we wish to secure. I have had things pinched out of and off my vehicles and homes and now I have to be extra careful. I hate walking around with a bunch of keys but what is the alternative? Even in a small country town I have to maintain my vigilance.
Ah well. that's life in 2003.

Cheers, Willem
Never a dull moment
AnswerID: 20513

Follow Up By: Member - Rohan K - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 10:41

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 10:41
Willem, I agree. Its sadly becoming an apparently unavoidable part of life in the 21st century. We seem to heading toward the kind of society so often depicted in "futuristic" movies. Mad Max and WaterWorld don't seem so unreal anymore.

However, we only have ourselves to blame - probably borne from a sense of helplessness or impotence to have any influence on change. With a growing awareness that all potitical parties are basically the same (only concerned with obtaining and retaining power), and an ever growing perversion of our laws and justice system such that the perpetrators of crime become the protected, we do nothing and the problem grows.

Unfortunately much of the bame for the problem must be levelled directly at parents (yes, I am one). All too readily these days parents are abdigating their responsibilities for their children and relying on schools and other institutions to do the hard work for them. When young people do the wrong thing, parents throw up their hands and say `I had no idea' or `they're old enough to take responsibility for their own actions', etc. I've heard that last comment made about an 11 old boy who was being violent at school. Its a cop-out by parents.

I live in what was, not so long ago, considered a fairly boring, middle-class northern suburb of Sydney. It was considered a good place to raise a young family. Not anymore. Teenage and pre-teen kids now roam the streets in large groups at all hours (like 3 am on a Monday morning), drunk, probably drugged and violent. They cause malicious damage to both public and private property. Trees are set alight, scools vandalised, neighbours have had vehicles in driveways broken into and one even had a vehicle petrol-bombed in their garage. We've even had a butane torch (lit at the time, I believe) hurled through my daughters bedroom window. All this from what must be local kids as there is virtually no public transport to the area (and none at that time of the day/night) and these kids are on foot. Residents do nothing, from a combination of fear of future retribution and the cost and futility of involving the "law".

That parents don't know (and maybe don't care) where their 11 - 17 yr olds are, and what they are up to, at that time of night astounds me and is, I believe, a major cause of the problem. That they (the parents) are not held accountable, by law or society, for the actions of their children makes it all too easy for them to ignore it. Often these kids are clearly identified and police are advised. As elsewhere, little seems to be done. Making parents accountable for the behaviour of their kids and the damage done by them would IMHO go a long way to curbing this disturbing trend.

Damn, the soap box just collapsed. I'll have to stop now.Be good, or be quick.
Rohan (Sydney)
FollowupID: 13166

Reply By: Member - Bob - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 09:49

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 09:49
One of my staff was late this morning because some pr... took the wheel off her car in her driveway.
AnswerID: 20514

Reply By: GOB vic - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 16:42

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 16:42
yeah there are some mongrel lowlife b!!!!!s around bought the chief cook a concrete swaggy laying down smoking a pipe had it under a small flowering gum in front yard for 4 months missus goes out for a smoke and a wander round the front yard bloody well disappeared over nite good bye xmas present hope the lowlife did his back lifting it
steve 89 nissan looking foward to august and more travelling
AnswerID: 20570

Reply By: Member - Errol (WA) - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 16:46

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 16:46
Tonneau,s notthing Chris . About 20 years ago (we left 17 y ago next augest) in Port Headland , the war office came home from night shift one morring (as you do ) and asked me why i had taken the frount windscreen and frame off my little susie . Of corse ,i asked her what she was talking about . Sure enough , thay had unbolted the whole thing and made off with it . And that was in Pord Hedland , so know is safe now in my opinion .Why go overseas when you can ExplorOz
ERROL
AnswerID: 20572

Reply By: Member - Errol (WA) - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 16:48

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 16:48
Tonneau,s notthing Chris . About 20 years ago (we left 17 y ago next augest) in Port Headland , the war office came home from night shift one morring (as you do ) and asked me why i had taken the frount windscreen and frame off my little susie . Of corse ,i asked her what she was talking about . Sure enough , thay had unbolted the whole thing and made off with it .Ended up costting me $800 + dollars , so i welled the bolts shut on the next one . And that was in Pord Hedland , so know is safe now in my opinion .Why go overseas when you can ExplorOz
ERROL
AnswerID: 20573

Reply By: Chris- Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 20:45

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 20:45
Thanks for all your replies fellas. Some of them are absolute bloody pearlers! I guess us decent blokes just need to keep playing a straight bat and stick together. And as my good mate reckons, maybe we should all band together and lobby the govt for a new national "Detonate a D#@%HEAD Day". Might solve a few of these problems.
Thanks again fellas. Long live the decent aussie bloke!
AnswerID: 20615

Sponsored Links