Tornado rips through my neighborhood!

Submitted: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 00:44
ThreadID: 5015 Views:2116 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Well what an interesting 30 or so hours it has been .
just b4 six last night a localised tornad oof 150kmh winds (so we hear some said 300!!) ripped across the road and tore off a few houses and eveb 2 friends homes are write offs (1 uninsured) and a few blocks back another mate lost his shed roof and a bit further down the road the mother in law was hit by a tree in the path of the tornado she planted the foot and just got the outer branches and totalled the car she is very lucky Its amazing no one was hurt .
She even made the local paper as did a few friends and neighbours you probably seen a few on the news we were looking at land in one badly hit area glad we decided against it.
The media weather folks forecasted freaky weather last year (coincedence or fluke) so its really here .
I remeber one struck a pine plantation over Ballarat a few years back and you can still see the effects as a path of pines are still growing twisted and bent there .

Over the other side of town my aunt according to their gauge got just under 2 inces in 1 hour of rain .
Looks like it was Sydney Brisbane Then California Gully Bendigo and yet Melbourne got stuff all.

better get back to work on my menu's cya

Oh well1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rohan K - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 09:55

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 09:55
Toonfish, I saw the reports on the news last night and thought of you and Diamond. The reports didn't mention any serious injuries, which I hope is accurate. Glad to hear not too much damage was suffered. Sorry to hear about the MIL (she survived, eh?).

Be good, or be quick.
Rohan (Sydney)
AnswerID: 20515

Reply By: tim - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 12:38

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 12:38
Toonfish
Did they get much rain or wind out at eppalock?
AnswerID: 20529

Reply By: diamond(bendigo) - Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 17:53

Tuesday, May 20, 2003 at 17:53
gday toonfish.
we went and looked around at the devestasion yesterday.
very bad.news ect dont really show how bad it really is.
we had to go to macedon sunday night to pick a friend and left the two older kids at home(13/14).
we left home about 5pm and couldnt believe the rain heading to the calder.we got back about 7.30 and didnt realise what had happened till monday morning.
we did notice a brick and a heap of mortar fell down the chimney but we thought it was just the wind.
most important thing is no one was seriosly hurt.
aslo good to see the local people with bobcats ect get in and help out.looking foward to september(landcruiser park/fraser island)
AnswerID: 20584

Sponsored Links