Travelling with Jayco Outback

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 07, 2001 at 01:00
ThreadID: 511 Views:2684 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Is Jayco Flight Outback a good choice to travel around Oz with 2 kids ( 4 and 2 years old).
Looks comfortable inside but luck of storage space could be a problem.
We will stick to the coast,Gibb River Road, Kakadu but no serious off roading.
Did anyone have any expieriance with this kind of trailer or should I get something bigger.
What about Jayco Pelican Off Road ?

ps
Sorry about previous question but i was getting error message so i kept submitting it 4 times.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Graham - Friday, Nov 09, 2001 at 01:00

Friday, Nov 09, 2001 at 01:00
If your not doing any real off road travel most campers should be ok... Even an ordinary van (with suitable preperation ) should be ok for around OZ via the coast, many are doing this..

check out
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~adryan/caravan/big/index.htm

Storage space maybe your biggest problem..

Enjoy your trip....
AnswerID: 1371

Reply By: eric - Tuesday, Nov 13, 2001 at 01:00

Tuesday, Nov 13, 2001 at 01:00
I did the block, including Gibb River Road, Gulf Track, Fraser Island and various tracks along the way with a Golf off road camper, wife and two kids. Five months of absolute heaven on a stick. No problem with storage - how many pairs of stubbies and thongs do you own? A little planning goes a long way. Pack all the clothes you think you need then throw 2/3 of them back in the house. Lots of room with this set up, we put our annexe up once in five months. The jayco should do most tracks providing a little common sense prevails, right speed, right tyre pressures, right loading in van etc. P.S. make sure the damn fridge door locks and don't take any bloody beetroot!!!
AnswerID: 1422

Reply By: Alison - Sunday, Nov 18, 2001 at 01:00

Sunday, Nov 18, 2001 at 01:00
Hi Andrew. I asked this exact question a few weeks back and got a few positive answers. We are taking a Flamingo, (we win-we have 3 kids!). I don't know if you are aware, but you can have independent suspension on the camper for $770. We were not told this, we had to ask. Enjoy your trip.
AnswerID: 1447

Sponsored Links