Yengo NP - temporary road closure this weekend due to road works

Submitted: Friday, May 30, 2003 at 18:08
ThreadID: 5193 Views:1704 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
NSW, Central Coast, Yengo NP - the Yango and Howes Valley trails will be temporarily closed due to road works and wet weather. The Yango track is closed from the Werong Creek junction right thru to the Putty Road which is via the Howes Valley track. The NPWS have done road works in the area and the wet weather has resulted in the road being as slippery as hell. This trail only gets maintenance once a year so the trail has been closed to allow the road surface to dry and set, otherwise vehicle traffic will rut the trail and result in it being bumpy as hell for the rest of the year. Please assist in the maintenance of this trail and keep off it - it is closed from 30th May thru to the 3rd May 2003. Road closure signs have been erected at Finchley and the Putty Road.Cheers, Beddo
Surf KZN185
<- Yengo NP, Central Coast NSW
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: KiwiAngler - Friday, May 30, 2003 at 18:23

Friday, May 30, 2003 at 18:23
Beddo, gidday mate>

"it is closed from 30th May thru to 3rd May 2003"....mmmmmm.......wanna check your calender and try again...hehhehehehe....or is your clock running in reverse...:-)
AnswerID: 21478

Follow Up By: Jeff (Beddo) - Friday, May 30, 2003 at 19:30

Friday, May 30, 2003 at 19:30
mmmmmm yep Ok That is suppose to be the 30th May to the 3rd June.
Sorry everyone !Cheers, Beddo
Surf KZN185
<- Yengo NP, Central Coast NSW
FollowupID: 14008

Reply By: Member - Rohan K - Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 11:33

Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 11:33
Jeez Beddo, great timing - the one fine weekend we've had in 9 weeks! What's the bet it will be p*%&ing down the follwing weekend?Life just ain't that serious.
Rohan (Sydney)
AnswerID: 21502

Follow Up By: KiwiAngler - Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 12:28

Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 12:28
Rohan....not fair mate :-)))))..... Beddo is 'the keeper of the gate' not 'weather man'..heheheh

I was up there last weekend (pity you couldnt make it) and other than being cold at night (MAKE THAT BL****Y COLD) and just that small part of the road near Howes turnoff been muddy, it was excellent.

Actually didnt see any rain until I was on the Putty near Colo on my way home

I have posted a couple of pics from that trip if you are interested. I particularly like the "house in the mist" shot (pun intended on 'gorilla in the mist'..mmmmm....who/where is the gorilla)

click on 'latest additions' folder

http://au.photos.yahoo.com/kiwiinaussieau

link text

let me know what u think

ps Just been to Boots and purchased a warmer sleeping bag for next time :-)
FollowupID: 14031

Follow Up By: Member - Rohan K - Monday, Jun 02, 2003 at 09:37

Monday, Jun 02, 2003 at 09:37
Hey KiwiAngler. I thought the "Gatekeeper" had the ear of "you-know-who".

I like the extra pics. You've made the trip look good. BTW, the pic you've label "getting more serious" shows terrain we never came across. It just goes to show what a bit of rain can do to these tracks.Life just ain't that serious.
Rohan (Sydney)
FollowupID: 14090

Reply By: KiwiAngler - Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 13:40

Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 13:40
try again ....grrrrrrr

link text
AnswerID: 21506

Sponsored Links