Bridle Track- Hillend

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 04, 2003 at 13:22
ThreadID: 5280 Views:1548 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone been on the Bridle Track- Hillend to Bathurst- lately. Is it muddy/rough/safe.A bad days sailing sure beats a good day at work
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Errol (WA) - Wednesday, Jun 04, 2003 at 13:34

Wednesday, Jun 04, 2003 at 13:34
Dont know what its like now , but was on it last year , its narow , lots of blind corners , so take it easy . We came from the Hillend end , so its mostley down hill , from Bathurst end , the last bit is all up hill . Quite spece country through there . Hope you enjoy it .Why go overseas when you can ExplorOz
ERROL
AnswerID: 21827

Reply By: Member - David - Wednesday, Jun 04, 2003 at 13:41

Wednesday, Jun 04, 2003 at 13:41
Further to my posting, if any ExplorOz people are out & about around the Sofala/hillend/Bathurst area over this long weekend...have the UHF on say Channel 18...and look out for the exploroz stickers.
Put out a call now & then and see if we can meet up.
Anyone out there interested???
I will be in the area on Sunday..weather forecast is GREAT.A bad days sailing sure beats a good day at work
AnswerID: 21828

Follow Up By: Member - Rohan K - Wednesday, Jun 04, 2003 at 14:21

Wednesday, Jun 04, 2003 at 14:21
David ask Jon @ http://www.4lux.net/ He did it in mid-April.Life just ain't that serious.
Rohan (Sydney)
FollowupID: 14249

Reply By: peterK - Wednesday, Jun 04, 2003 at 14:38

Wednesday, Jun 04, 2003 at 14:38
David
I was there just after easter and it was dry and easy going (stayed in 2wd). But as raised earlier you still need caution around the bends.
AnswerID: 21836

Reply By: howesy - Wednesday, Jun 04, 2003 at 18:16

Wednesday, Jun 04, 2003 at 18:16
I go down it quite regular, it changes a fair bit. If there has been any recent rain at all, even the slightest, there are patches of red clay that are so slippery you would think you were on ice (you lose directional control) these are small isolated patches but can come up all of a sudden if you dont know the road. If you take it easy the road is no problem with spectacular scenery and mostly you wont need to engage 4WD except for peace of mind. The area around Mc Mahons bluff is extremely narrow and care must be taken , you may have to reverse to allow a vehicle to pass on this section. Views are spectacular and the road from Hill End to the cause way is very rough at most times and you will have to walk your vehicle over some sections but you can walk a 2wd over it if you have reasonable clearance(we take a Falcon ute down with us camping) The road on the Bathurst side of thecause way , which has the Bluff i mentioned , is mostly good and this is the section with the slippery stuff. Hope this helps any questions im at howesy@optusnet.com.au
AnswerID: 21857

Sponsored Links