Sat tv

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 17:10
ThreadID: 53139 Views:1924 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
have been reading comments about sat tv and would like to know what do you get, as in what can you watch on it? what programs ect?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DIO - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 18:00

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 18:00
You'll probably need to be a bit more specific. Do you mean Fox, Select or FTA?
FTA includes ABC, SBS and depending on which area of OZ you are in and subject to your access card being activated, Imparja, Seven Central, WTN, Golden West. Check with any reputable supplier, they'll give you more specific info e.g. SatPlus
AnswerID: 279949

Reply By: Dunco (NSW) - Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 18:00

Saturday, Jan 05, 2008 at 18:00
I've had it for some time now Shane and with the free to Air TV you get ..

Imparja (A mixture of 10 & 9)
Channel 7 in a few different forms....(umm forget the names of them)
Abc
SBS

I used to sleep in and watch the TODAY show from the beginning at about 8.30am...as I was watching the W.A. version...

You will get to see all you favourite TV shows, although some will be at different times. I currently have about 12 TV stations in my favourites channels as some are W.A. ABC, S.A. ABC etc etc. It all has to do with the card you get as well...as there are some pirate cards out there that help you get stations you apparently shouldn't...like W.A. Stations if you are in the Eastern states.

You can also take your Foxtel box with you (or AUSTAR) and use the same satellite as Free to AIr TV.

The only time I have failed to get Sat TV was in MT. Isa when a humungous tree was blocking my sight to the Satellite....
There is another mob around called Select TV, but they use a different satellite and you have to either watch Free to Air of Select TV, or keep moving the Satellite dish.

Once you tune in to satellite, you get a PERFECT picture everytime.
AnswerID: 279950

Follow Up By: Groove - Sunday, Jan 06, 2008 at 10:43

Sunday, Jan 06, 2008 at 10:43
"Once you tune in to satellite, you get a PERFECT picture everytime."

except in very heavy rain, but it is a digital signal very similar to digatal TV and very good.

If you have a Digital Foxtel subscrition at home (cable or satelite) there is a box called a Dreambox (about $150 and runs of 12v) that you can actually use wherever you are in the country with your Foxtel card.

The same box will also work with a Aroura card (imparja, nitv, SBS abc etc).

Effectively such a setup would allow you to watch nearly everything you get at home except 7 as you see it in Sydney Melbourne etc. (channel 7 is not broadcast on foxtel satallite and even though your cable subscription might recieve it it not available on satellite)
FollowupID: 544266

Sponsored Links