National Parks passes

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 07, 2003 at 01:18
ThreadID: 5324 Views:3362 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I know we can get parks passes for individual states, but is there an all in one pass that covers all Parks all over Australia for the big trip???

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Allyn (Pilbara) - Saturday, Jun 07, 2003 at 07:34

Saturday, Jun 07, 2003 at 07:34
pretty sure you can get one from the Adventure Shop on this site. Not too sure about how long it lasts for though
AnswerID: 22016

Reply By: chopper - Saturday, Jun 07, 2003 at 08:18

Saturday, Jun 07, 2003 at 08:18
I don't think that you will have any luck.

There is not even a pass that covers all of queensland,

In QLD you must apply for each specific area (and possibly pay a fee) if you are looking for a permit to traverse.

And you must obtain camping permits (or self register) at each park you stay in. You can prearrange by phone.

"National" parks are not national at all, they are state run, and sometimes managed by different departments or divisions with the state.

AnswerID: 22017

Follow Up By: Member - Bob - Saturday, Jun 07, 2003 at 10:48

Saturday, Jun 07, 2003 at 10:48
A sensible country would run itself without the unnecessary tier of government that we call states. Not only do we have duplication of most functions performed by the feds, we try and re-invent the wheel in six or seven different ways. The running of 'national' parks is a good example. What about the fiasco of public hospital funding? Or driving licences. The only useful function that states perform is to provide employment for thousands of officials, bureaucrats, and drones who would otherwise be out doing something else for a living.
FollowupID: 14463

Reply By: Member - Willem- Saturday, Jun 07, 2003 at 11:11

Saturday, Jun 07, 2003 at 11:11
Every year I buy a South Australia 'State Wide Parks Pass'. This gives me unlimited access to State National Parks etc and I am allowed to camp for 5 nights with each entry. I also buy an annual Desert Parks Pass. Initially this combination pass costs $170 for the first year and on renewal $130 per year. I am a pensioner and get a further $20 concession. I am very happy with this setup.Cheers, Willem
Never a dull moment
AnswerID: 22024

Reply By: Member -BJ (Sydney) - Saturday, Jun 07, 2003 at 16:10

Saturday, Jun 07, 2003 at 16:10
Andrew, each State has their own as National Parks are managed (ha, ha) seperatly by State Govmts plus in Sth Aust oyu will need an extra one for Desert Parks. Regards Bob
3 Weeks till Gulf trip
AnswerID: 22039

Reply By: Jeff (Beddo) - Saturday, Jun 07, 2003 at 17:58

Saturday, Jun 07, 2003 at 17:58
No you cannot get a pass that covers Australia unfortunately - National no way just state. NSW has passes that cover the entire state including Kozi Np or exempt, and have country passes that do all except Kozi and the major Sydney NP's such as Ku-ring-gai & Royal etc and then they have individual passes aswell that cost $20/year these passes allow unlimited access to one particular park which is useful particularly if you are a surfer that is constantly checking the surf out which would be a hassle if you had to pay an entry fee all the time.
I know out round Broken Hill to Tibooburra and Innaminka there was talk (just talk) of a pass that would deal with the NSW parks and also SA desert parks - but it got no where.Cheers, Beddo
Surf KZN185
<- Yengo NP, Central Coast NSW
AnswerID: 22046

Sponsored Links