Mega Draw Tickets Feedback

Submitted: Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 21:51
ThreadID: 53370 Views:2026 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hi, if anyone has any suggestions on some bush camping spots along the south coast of NSW, from Eden through to Jervis Bay, I'd love to hear about them. My partner and I love 4wding and camping and we have done a bit of travelling through the Red Centre. Have the "bug" now and take any and every opportunity (aside from our jobs, kids, etc etc!!) to get away and would love some suggestions after a pretty disastrous attempt at finding a spot between Christmas and New Year. Thanks in advance!!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 22:03

Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 22:03
We found a great camp site at the Majors Creek Recreational Park. A free camp and not a souldthere on 30th December. Also a good campsite at Araluen and also no one there plus a great drive between Araluen and Moruya.

Cheers
AnswerID: 281094

Reply By: REV'S - Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 22:03

Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 22:03
HI Cleopoddy, Shallow crossing on the Clyde River is a nice spot to relax and get away from the crowds.
Plenty of room for camping with basic facilities hot showers an toilet. Happy travelling Rev's
AnswerID: 281095

Reply By: Kiwi & "Mahindra" - Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 22:24

Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 22:24
Well....down near my own backyard....but bush camping...well...never done it down there - always beach camping so I really cannt help too much except for what is already been said...shallow crossing pretty good.....

there is a track around tomerong called 12 mile peg or something like that and its pretty bushy but for camping not sure....

there is always heading west instead of into JB as its usually packed with city slickers that time of year...infact most weekends....

Laura
AnswerID: 281100

Reply By: Member - Uncle (NSW) - Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 22:34

Friday, Jan 11, 2008 at 22:34
You could try Honeymoon Bay, which is on the East side of Jervis Bay. From Princes Hwy, travel East towards Currarong, about 500 mts before Currarong, you'll turn off to the right, go thru the check point( boom gate) then follow signs to Honeymoon. It's nice bush camping right beside a very scenic lagoon, BUT..... it may be busy at the moment, if you arrive on a Sat or Sun (change over days) you may get lucky. Take your own drinking water and shower system ,however they do have portaloos. good luck, & have fun.Some surfing beaches close by and some good fishing too, rock and beach.
AnswerID: 281105

Follow Up By: Member - Uncle (NSW) - Saturday, Jan 12, 2008 at 07:34

Saturday, Jan 12, 2008 at 07:34
This beach is about a 15 minute walk from Honeymoon Bay.!MPG:107!
FollowupID: 545470

Sponsored Links