camping near to Greens Pool/William Bay W.A.

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 13, 2008 at 19:27
ThreadID: 53450 Views:9464 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Does any-one know of any campsites between Parry Beach and Denmark in and around William Bay? I have researched "places" and could see any info. We prefer to bush camp with an offroad camper if possible but maybe Parry Beach might be the closest. Thanks in advance. Craig
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Cruznoz - Sunday, Jan 13, 2008 at 23:49

Sunday, Jan 13, 2008 at 23:49
Hi Craig,
There are no other official campsites between Parrys and Denmark. There are a number of spots that you could set up a camper but none that you are allowed to. If you haven't to Parrys before it's a great camping area, but it gets a bit crowded this time of year.
Regards
Steve
AnswerID: 281491

Reply By: disco driver - Monday, Jan 14, 2008 at 00:08

Monday, Jan 14, 2008 at 00:08
briggzee,
The short answer to your question is NO. The coastal strip is nearly all national park/conservation reserve with no camping allowed.
There are no public campsites between Parry's Beach and Denmark.
Parry's has the next best thing to a bush campsite at the caravan park there, (no power, fairly primitive but adequate toilet facilities and showers. Usually it is fairly crowded until after the school holidays are over (School goes back 3 Feb,I believe).

Three caravan parks in Denmark, one at the "Rivermouth", one at "Ocean Beach" and another at "Riverbend".

Going west from Parry's there is a caravan park off the Highway at Boat Harbour and a great park at Peaceful Bay. From personal experience Peaceful Bay is worth a day or two. (there are a few reasonable 4wd tracks in the area, mainly to fishing spots-- which I can not vouch for).

Hope this is of some use.

Disco.
AnswerID: 281493

Follow Up By: Alan S (WA) - Monday, Jan 14, 2008 at 09:32

Monday, Jan 14, 2008 at 09:32
Disco & Briggzee

The boat harbour caravan park is closed. I checked a few weeks ago for a booking at easter and was told it was currently closed. There was a party interested in buying it and in which case it may open again.

It would pay to check first. It it is open it is a great spot.

Alan
FollowupID: 545837

Reply By: Member - Syd R (QLD) - Monday, Jan 14, 2008 at 11:55

Monday, Jan 14, 2008 at 11:55
Try Lights beach Denmark
AnswerID: 281545

Follow Up By: disco driver - Monday, Jan 14, 2008 at 14:13

Monday, Jan 14, 2008 at 14:13
Syd,
Technically, no camping at Lights Beach either, Shire and/or DEC (CALM)Rangers can and do ask/insist that you move on regardless of the time of day--------------or night..

Further to my previous comments there is an overnight stopover area adjacent to the South Coast Hwy/Happy Valley Rd intersection No facilities and some traffic noise.

Disco.
FollowupID: 545874

Reply By: briggzee (WA) - Monday, Jan 14, 2008 at 16:00

Monday, Jan 14, 2008 at 16:00
Thanks for all the replies. I should have said we are not going till after school goes back so we should avoid most of the crowds.
Thanks again, Craig
AnswerID: 281580

Sponsored Links