Where's the best camping at Tamworth

Submitted: Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 20:24
ThreadID: 53635 Views:3834 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Guess it's getting a bit late, but just realised Tamworth is on and decided to head up there tomorrow for a couple of days. Where is the best camping?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kev & Darkie - Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 20:27

Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 20:27
Anywhere you can find as long as it is away from the river as it traditional floods during the festival :))

I haven't paid much attention to camping spots over the past few years as we now stay with family.

Have fun

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 282357

Reply By: Stephen M (NSW) - Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 21:32

Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 21:32
We stayed on the netball courts (well around the outskirts on the grass) and the clubhouse was run by the netball association. Brilliant setup. Had a milko,bread, and butcher come around every morning ringing there bells and you could get fresh everyday. The clubhouse was open for toilets and showers and if you wanted they ran breakfast,lunch and dinner in the clubhouse forget the price but was very reasonable had a top time. BUT as Kev has said this does back onto the river and normally if anyone gets flooded out first its the courts. They get heaps of people camping there including all the Winnebago's etc and when we have been absolutly brilliant atmosphere. Once parked there we didnt drive all week, Walk to the pools,pubs,down all the streets. You will love it where ever you stay. Regards Steve M
AnswerID: 282373

Follow Up By: Smudger - Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 21:37

Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 21:37
Been looking for info on the net ad it seeems there's still sirtes available. So, what's the go? Do we just drive into town and look around for a camp spot ..or do we need to book ahead?
FollowupID: 546876

Follow Up By: Stephen M (NSW) - Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 11:27

Saturday, Jan 19, 2008 at 11:27
Hi Smudger, we just rocked up but must admit we were there from right at the start and not just the long weekend so there was still alot of space left. Its towards the end of the week that every thing will fill up.Regards Steve M
FollowupID: 546979

Reply By: Kiwi & "Mahindra" - Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 22:34

Friday, Jan 18, 2008 at 22:34
If you think the 40 minute trip into town is worth it, Nundle is really nice. Maybe try Manilla....only 20 minutes outta town...never been there....just been looking at real estate and got a fair idea of maps....

good luck trying to get a spot in town!

Have fun , wish i was there!!

maybe next year we will have a stack of acres and we can have a gathering on it for the festival!!

Laura
AnswerID: 282392

Reply By: Member - Rob P (NSW) - Sunday, Jan 20, 2008 at 20:00

Sunday, Jan 20, 2008 at 20:00
Try the showground.Last time there it was $12 a nite,basic ammenaties.Real close to Wests football club and very near the Rodeo arena.Bus will pic u up at entrance and take you anywhere there is music.Found it to be well centered and friendly folk to boot.The water,if it comes,runs down onto the field and doesnt gather much on the camping area.hope this helps? Lucky buggers,wish I was going this year.......
AnswerID: 282752

Sponsored Links