Holden Rodeo report

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 08:49
ThreadID: 53815 Views:2745 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I had a drive of a Holden Rodeo Cab/Chassis 3.0 Diesel from Atherton to Tully yesterday, this came about because the Tully Holden dealer is the brother of my neighbour so we had to take one up to Atherton , and bring one of the same back to Tully,
The Engine is very responsive,heaps of power when required, in fact you have to keep an eye on the speedo,This model had no cruise but these things want to GO, very quiet in the Cab , because of the small area to cool the A/C works a treat, I wish they had the tyre pressure lowered because every pothole and cane train line nearly snapped the neck , the suspension is very firm but with a tray over the drive wheels it would be better, Turning circle is comparable to a normal 2wd , If I were in the market for a trayback I think I would give a Rodeo a good rating,
While were at the Atherton dealer both my eyes popped, one eye for the brand new lime green Holden Sedan with two black stripes over the roof ....drool, and the other eye caught site of the owners yellow H3 Hummer parked in the showroom door, more drooling , I felt my pockets, thought about my bank balance and done some more drooling and had to walk away after an inspection, the base model Hummer is well priced too , better than a Landcruiser Wagon, when the diesel hits the market then they will be quite a vehicle, looks like I will have to keep my old tired Troopy,

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 09:41

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 09:41
He-he Doug,

And therein lies my future dilemma.

When the time comes to upgrade from the Jack, I will most likely buy a Rodeo Dual Cab 3.0 diesel, because it would be closer to my budget than the H3 Hummer. One can dream though hey!

Was driving through town the other day and passed a real "bling bling" machine. It was a two tone coloured Unimog. Wow, what a truck.

I guess some "grey nomad" had the finances to buy something that would get him anywhere he damn well chose to go and in style too:-))

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 283263

Reply By: bowlon 2 u - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 11:20

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 11:20
Am thinking about 3l Rodeo Twin Cab as a tow vehicle for about 2ton loaded off road van Tossing up between Rodeo and Navara and like your comments
Visitor Bob NSw
AnswerID: 283288

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 11:50

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 11:50
Bob
I didn't get to try 4x4 , it was as I said a brand new one dealer to dealer transfer, but as a vehicle to drive it was OK apart from the roughness as I explained, the dual cab would be a great 4x4 I reackon, I did notice the steering was much more direct than my Troopy ,The more up-market model with cruise etc would be a well worth 4x4 to own ....my opinion . but I'm still dreaming about the Hummer.....LOTTO.

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 547901

Reply By: GoneTroppo Member (FNQ) - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 12:08

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 12:08
I bought one of these from Island Coast Holden in Tully in May 07(the rodeo that is)coincidetally it came from Atherton.
Been very happy with it. Heaps of power fuel economy better than the previous model.

I put 245/75/16 tyres to replace the 245/70/16's it comes with.
Gave it slightly longer legs, also I run at 28 and 24 PSI which improves the ride 500%

I looked at all the twin cabs very carefully, for me the rodeo was the best compromise. Ranger came close but I didn't like the 15" wheels.

AnswerID: 283298

Follow Up By: bowlon 2 u - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 14:38

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2008 at 14:38
Hi Doug
Is yours 4x4 Like the idea of changing tyres
Cheers Bob
FollowupID: 547941

Follow Up By: GoneTroppo Member (FNQ) - Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 07:33

Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 07:33
Yes Bob it's 4x4.
Also should say went from the Bridgestone to Goodyear Silent Armour as well as the size change
Chris
FollowupID: 548094

Reply By: Member - Linda M (VIC) - Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 21:06

Thursday, Jan 24, 2008 at 21:06
I've got the 07 3.0lt rodeo and its a pleasure to drive. Hard on the spinal column in the first week with an empty tray but it carries a full ton now. With airbag suspension and the weight on the back it handles really well. I have the space cab. No faults to report although it does like to go and you have to keep an eye on the speedo.
AnswerID: 283613

Sponsored Links