Tambo side room

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 10:33
ThreadID: 54259 Views:1830 Replies:6 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys,

I think, finally, I have deiced to order a Tambo Cooper. Seems to have good reports and the owner, Keith, I spoke to was wonderful. Seems to be a 2mth wait at the moment which is ok for me.

Now, I have to decide if I go the smaller size tent and add the extra kids room, or if I just go the bigger size tent and no kids room. For those who don't know, I have 3 kids aged 3,5 & 7.

I would love feedback from anyone on either option.

Thanks heaps!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Grassparrot - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 11:08

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 11:08
Karicher,
Dont have a Tambo but have a very similar set up and kids 3,5,8. Get the separate room. It is kaos having everyone in together at bed time and wake up times. Separate room or tent in our case gives them there own space to do their own things at different times. Also gives Mum and Dad some privacy when required. Our kids get on well and really enjoy having their own space. We try to get them involved with the setup of their own area which they like as well.
Grassparrot
AnswerID: 285742

Follow Up By: karicher - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 11:28

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 11:28
Yep, pretty sure I agree with you. Gives us privacy and leaves room for luggage etc.
FollowupID: 550740

Reply By: Von Helga - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 11:13

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 11:13
Karicher,
Is the kids bedroom at the loss of area within the main tent or is an add on to that area.

I have an awning in the same shape as yours and I offer the following advice/suggestions subject to funds of course.

Get an end wall for the trailer end of the awning.
I had another wall made for the awning front from the trailer end to the first pole on the awning.
This effectively encloses the kitchen, more privacy, neater looking, and better weather protection.
I also have an wall for the other end of the awning although it is not fitted vertically but pegged out on the same angle as the guy rope for that end of the awning.
You will note that the most of the rain will fall in that direction due to the roof angle.
This pegged out end wall pushes the flowing water futher out away from falling vertically and splashing in to your living area.
While the kids are little keep them in the main tent and as they grow toss them outside in thier own tents as you will need that extra area as they get bigger. Out two are 17 yo and share a dome tent on strechers.
A camp bunk and a single stretcher will still allow the family room to hide inside during bad weather etc etc etc

Cheers

AnswerID: 285743

Follow Up By: karicher - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 11:26

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 11:26
Yes, the kids room is a whole extra room.

So you have your normal 10ft camper trailer. On the back side there is a door, which then takes you into the kids room. So you have double the amount of living area. It means you can sleep privately to your kids but they are still part of the same tent. It takes about an extra 10mins to set up. It zips on.

There is a photo in the photo section of there site.

http://www.tambocampers.com.au

Hope I have made sense.
FollowupID: 550739

Reply By: Von Helga - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 11:19

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 11:19
Karicher,

Sorry forgot to say, get the Draught skirt if you can.
I made one for mine out of ply, painted the same colour as the trailer and used bungy cord to hang it from the hooks that hold on the travelling tarp. It swings up so as I can chuck "stuff" under the trailer.

Cheers
AnswerID: 285744

Follow Up By: karicher - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 11:28

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 11:28
Yep, plan on getting that. Makes it look much neater too.

FollowupID: 550741

Reply By: flappa - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 12:04

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 12:04
Personally, I would go both.

Gives you a great option depending on where you are and what you are doing.

I have a 16ft Tent (12ft Floor area), and it will sleep our 4 kids if needed.

Mostly though the olders ones use a seperate tent.
AnswerID: 285748

Reply By: Member - Lance S (VIC) - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 15:51

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2008 at 15:51
karicher,

I have a Tambo Cooper and the first thing i added to it was the extra bedroom, i have 3 kids 9,11,13 and its great to wake up in the morning and not step over them. They have everything in there and all u do is just zip it up when u have visitors.

On the the 2 size topic. GO the bigger tent if funds allow and u won't regret it. Gives u heaps of room on those rainy days. I went and just about all the extras at once. I thought what the hell might as well get them now because down the track i probably wouldn't. Also if u can , get the roof rack, magnificent.

cheers,

Lance
Home Away from Home

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 285774

Reply By: mattd - Friday, Feb 22, 2008 at 22:38

Friday, Feb 22, 2008 at 22:38
Don't know if you have bought one yet, but go the extrra bedroom. I have a Tambo cooper with the bedroom and its great.
Matt
AnswerID: 288906

Sponsored Links