abrolga systems

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 08:20
ThreadID: 5495 Views:2974 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone tell me how to get in touch to get a abrolga system my mate at palmer river needs one despartely so he can watch the footy
boshy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: flappan - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 09:59

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 09:59
I cant find an address for them, but they advertise in all the Caravan Mags.

Check that out.

PS, they seem to work very well.
AnswerID: 22758

Reply By: Groove - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 19:23

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 19:23
I have seen the abrolga system on sale in a caravan park on cape york somewhere and was very impressed. When I returned home to Sydney I started to do some research on the internet. I now have a system the recieves the exact same services as the Abrolga system and it cost me half what they are asking. I can also put my foxtel card in the unit and get all the foxtel channels as well (you must have a foxtel satellite subsription for this to work, the cable cards dont work).

Better still if you have a foxtel satelite subrcription all you need to buy is a portable dish (around $200) and you can use the foxtel box with an inverter in the car and its foxtel or Austar all the way. The poratable dish sits on top of the car with a suction cup (not meant for use while moving its just a convenient place to mount it off the ground)

A sat reciever should not cost more than $400, I have seen them as low as $350.

Have a look on the net or even the yellow pages.
I can recomend a supplier in Homebush (i have no affiliation with this guy). I will provide contact details if requested and it does not breach forum rules.

Search in the Satellite Equipment &/or Services section of the yellow pages and you will find what you are looking for.

Cheers.
AnswerID: 22802

Reply By: Member - Motley - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 21:51

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 21:51
Boshy,

The guy's name at Abrolga Grahame Kermonde. His telephone number is (03) 9380-2548. His email address is abrolga@bigpond.com

I purchased an Abrolga unit earlier this year. I agree that you can probably buy the basic components for less, but there is much value in the way the Abrolga is packaged for travelling and in the Almanac which is provided for helping to align the Abrolga with the right satellite wherever you are in Australia. The manual provided is one of the best technical manuals I have ever seen

The whole package is rugged and has been well thought out in terms of ease of use and transportation. I can now set up the Abrolga and have a perfect reception in under 5 minutes.

I have no affiliation with Abrolga other than that I am a very satisfied customer ( and every other Abrolga user I have met says the same sort of things)Motley
AnswerID: 22832

Follow Up By: flappan - Wednesday, Jun 18, 2003 at 10:43

Wednesday, Jun 18, 2003 at 10:43
Yes, my parents say the same thing.

They provide you with ALL the info you need to be able to get signals quickly. No mucking around trying to find something.

My parents can also use their pay tv card in the Abrolga set top box.
FollowupID: 15085

Reply By: Groove - Wednesday, Jun 18, 2003 at 12:51

Wednesday, Jun 18, 2003 at 12:51
The information about where to aim the dish is available from www.lyngsat.com. The satelite you are looking at is Optus B3. The portable dish I purchased actually folds much smaller than the abrolga system.

However the abrolga guy does sell a complete package. The sat shops will sell you the componants as individual bits and pieces. If you can attach a vcr to a tele you can set these things up.

By the way the transmissions from this sat are digital, which means you can use these setups at home and get great ABC and SBS reception, much better than I have ever been able to get with a normal antenna. A permanantly mounted dish for a roof of a house will cost less than $150. I now use my sat box at home with a dish on the roof and on the road with my small folding dish.

Total cost
Compas $10
Portable dish $150 (folds into a small suitcase)
LNB $40 (the little device at the end of the dish)
Sat reciever box UEC DSD 910Z $350
Cable $10 (rg6 coax)
Aroura Card $100 (smart card that plugs into box)
Sateleite finder $55 (optional but gives an audible tone when the dish is pointing in the right direction)

These prices are from current websites all up about $700. From memory the abrolga system was about $1200

Cheers
AnswerID: 22880

Sponsored Links