Best 100 Camp Sites

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 18:20
ThreadID: 55119 Views:2157 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Sunday Mail (Qld Paper) put this out in their paper today, what a joke.
Does it apply to us on this forum, no I don't think so.
(sorry for those who do not get this paper, probably just be a Qld feed back)
Anyway what I've read looks like 90% Nat Parks and half of them off shore. So what we all have a barge so when we win their price we can go to their "best camping spots".
The outback part they have the caravan park at Aramac, now I love this place, I grew up in Barcaldine, but its classed as one of the best spot in Qld, I hope Aramac make a killing out of it.
Ok then want do you all think?
Iam going to keep it so I can use it to start my first camp fire next time we are out hahaha.
Cheers Bruce.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Axel [ the real one ] - Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 19:37

Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 19:37
Girraween ,,Fraser ,, Moreton ,, Deepwater ,, Byfield ,,The Simpson ,,, all a joke ???? And do not apply to us on this forum ???
AnswerID: 290443

Reply By: Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 19:45

Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 19:45
Bruce,

And my backyard was not included LOL

Can't beat down town Calliope ha ha ha

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 290444

Follow Up By: Member - Vince B (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 19:51

Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 19:51
Kev.
There's hope for your backyard yet LOL.
I see Jacobs Well Tourist Park made the list???
Vince
FollowupID: 555804

Follow Up By: Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 20:03

Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 20:03
Still doesn't have the same ring as to share a back yard with Darkie though does it LOL

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 555807

Reply By: rumpig - Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 21:10

Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 21:10
yeh i had a laugh about the aramac caravan park being a top 100 camping spot, i wonder how much they had to pay to get that place put in the list. i was quite looking forward to getting the paper today for the top 100 list, talk about being dissapointed when i started looking at it.
i didn't see fraser island on there, did i miss it or what. the way it was put together was total crap, i also don't call it camping when your staying in an outdoor "tent" that has a timber deck floor and steel posts concreted into the ground, i call that hotel accomodation with an eco touch.
AnswerID: 290467

Follow Up By: Isuzumu - Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 21:35

Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 21:35
The Great Keppel Island one, Svendsens Beach was good too $240 pp per night in a luxury tent, hope Carl (an old friend) has got rid of the mossies and sand flies.
Cheers Bruce
FollowupID: 555837

Reply By: T-Ribby - Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 22:02

Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 22:02
Stayed at a couple of those mentioned, e.g. Jacobs Well, which is very handy to the waterways south of Moreton Is and we used it often. A bit run down and wouldn't want to be there at peak. Bribie Island is ok if a bit tight, but the pub and SLSC at Worrim are beaut.
Reading about the lovely offshore islands camping I'm trying to figure out how to fit my 5metre camper into my 4metre tinnie to get out there. This published list is just one of the many guides around and you could easily add on another 100 or so. Couple of my favourites didn't get mentioned - Mudjimba and Cottontree.
It's cooling down a bit here in Qld so get those bearings checked and start reloading the camper.
cheers
T.R.
AnswerID: 290484

Sponsored Links