selling a camper trailer

Submitted: Friday, Mar 07, 2008 at 10:48
ThreadID: 55286 Views:4348 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, we have a 2002 O'Briens camper trailer which we want to sell. I'm interested in advice on the best way to sell it. It has many extra features and I'm keen to find the best way to promote these. It can easily be modified to a new owners requirements (upgrade to full off road and the like). It is listed in the Trading Post online and RV Point so far but we haven't had a lot of interest. Any other suggestions would be greatfully appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Moose - Friday, Mar 07, 2008 at 11:55

Friday, Mar 07, 2008 at 11:55
This site - refer Trader section
AnswerID: 291377

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian (SA) - Friday, Mar 07, 2008 at 16:10

Friday, Mar 07, 2008 at 16:10
A lot of forumites (and others I guess) have sold their toys via this site's trader section - worked well for me. Most buyers expect images too - the more the better.
AnswerID: 291407

Reply By: PradOz - Friday, Mar 07, 2008 at 18:51

Friday, Mar 07, 2008 at 18:51
What happened to ebay (or oztion or the van forums?)

i sold my first camper van by listing on ebay and actually got twice what i had paid for it 6 months earlier and had people from all over wanting it. i sold it off ebay as i had it listed elsewhere, but ebay attracted buyers to it. in hindsight i should have kept it on ebay till end of auction as i had people chase me for it for a month after i sold it even though i had it listed as sold.

main reason for my good fortune was the way i wrote my advert and also put on plenty of good photos inside and outside and all the knick knacks

buyer for mine came from the victorian border with another guy coming from north of coffs harbour all the way to south west sydney wanting me to sell it to him first.

hi-light all the differences from yours to others and why they should want yours. list with a realistic reserve. list with a low starting price. make the advert look good with great photos. list for 7 days maximum and sale to finish on a weekend at a reasonable time that gives people a chance to be home to bid. dont expect people to bid until last moment unless you have a really low starting price with a reserve. and lastly they dont know the reserve price - so dont tell them. make them make you a realistic offer, and they often say that your first good offer is most likely your best price. good luck...
AnswerID: 291426

Reply By: PradOz - Friday, Mar 07, 2008 at 18:56

Friday, Mar 07, 2008 at 18:56
here is a web site that lists vans and campers. not sure what its like for price or sales though.

simple trade

or maybe

camper trailers
AnswerID: 291428

Sponsored Links