My unroadworthy triton cause of tyres

Submitted: Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 16:38
ThreadID: 5562 Views:2117 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
ok just an up date from the last post. Thanks to Rohans post about insurance with AAMI i started to inquire about my copper a/ts now when i went to the shop they told me they didnt have the 265/70/15 but they did have the 31/10.5/15 do i want them so i ask will that be fine? what will it effect?as long as all well no worries. i asked them on 2 occastions the answer was nothing itll throw your speedo out by a bit but you wont even notice it so i say well as long as alls good toss them on. after enquiring to the RTA i find that the tyres are unroadworthy (after driving around for a month or so with them on) because the load speed rating on the old tyres (and original for the ute) was 110s, the new coopers were 109q. so as unhappy as i was the girly rang the tyre place up, and with her not even having to give a reason as why they made the ute unroadworthy they said bring them in. so she took them in and no questions asked they put the correct tyres on with a rating of 112s. but heres the catch the bloke says to her the difference in tyres are 15 bucks so she rang me and after a heated conversation with the tyre yard, about how 15 bucks per tyre will be ample compensation for us bing stuffed around and how if we were to have a ding our insurance company would not of payed out because the car was unroadworthy. after more debate they decided to bring it down to 12 bucks/tyre cause they wont scrap the tyres then after all that the bloke who did the money exchange must of heard 12 bucks minus the 3 bucks for scrapage of the tyres instead of 12bucks cause we are not charging the scraping fee. so we ended up with a small victory in a lost war of paying 9 bucks extra per tyre. no moral to this but it certainly peveed me off that if it wasnt for this forum and a bit of curiosty on my behalf we wouldnt of know til probably and accident. touch wood. if you carnt trust people in the game (with reason) who can you trust?
and if your after an up date on how much they cost as i gave the wrong price before in the last forum they were origanaly 233 per tyre so now theyve cost 242 fitted twice and 2 balances.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rohan K - Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 16:47

Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 16:47
Glad it all worked out, despite the stuffing-around. Now, I wonder what they'll do with those slightly used tyres ... Talk is cheap ...
Rohan (Sydney)
AnswerID: 23071

Reply By: diamond (bendigo) - Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 18:45

Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 18:45
good to hear it all worked out for you.
ps not all tyre sales men/women ar rogues lollooking foward to september(landcruiser park/fraser island)
AnswerID: 23083

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Saturday, Jun 21, 2003 at 08:49

Saturday, Jun 21, 2003 at 08:49
aweeeeeeeee come on Diamond, your just sayin that ;)~

good day up Mt Skene last weekend, going back in few weeks time :)
FollowupID: 15324

Reply By: Phil G - Saturday, Jun 21, 2003 at 16:16

Saturday, Jun 21, 2003 at 16:16
I wouldn't be too harsh on them. They made a simple mistake while rying to save you a few bucks.
AnswerID: 23152

Follow Up By: jonny dontknowmuch - Sunday, Jun 22, 2003 at 08:50

Sunday, Jun 22, 2003 at 08:50
Phil i wasnt trying to be too harsh i guess i was ust a little peeved because when you get something wether its something as simple as tyres or getting your house rewired ive come to except a standard that everything is legal and alright only a small request but reasonable.
i guess if i wanted to be real harsh i would of metioned the company in this thread.
but it now a leason learnt by me and now all my friends know about load speed ratings on tyres.
still the tyres were the cheapest in sydney even if they were to of cost me 248 in stead of 242.
caio
FollowupID: 15383

Sponsored Links