freaky indicater problem????

Submitted: Monday, Mar 17, 2008 at 23:27
ThreadID: 55651 Views:1311 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
my left indicater on my 105 series cruiser dosn't work when the engine is running however, if i turn the engine off and leave the keys on so all the dash lights are on the left indicater works???

can anyone think of a reason why this would happen cause i cant???

aza
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 09:26

Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 09:26
Bad connection probably.

Check the positive wire in the left indicator housing has a good connection, the contacts are not corroded and you have a good earth to the vehicle body and chassis.

Failing that, the only other potential problem I can think of may be a loose component in the flasher relay that is exasperated by the engine vibration when running. Try a new flasher relay unit.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 293289

Reply By: pjchris - Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:22

Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:22
The other major difference will be voltage. With the ignition on and the engine not running you'll have about 12V, start the engine and the alternator will provide 14-15V.

This may be upsetting the flasher can....Some vehicles have separate flasher units for each side. If so, swap them and see if the problem follows the flasher can or stays on the LHS.

Peter
AnswerID: 293312

Reply By: Member - Olcoolone (S.A) - Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 14:27

Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 14:27
Your flasher can should have 8 pins and 2 of the pins should have GREEN with BLACK trace wire.

One of the wires should be from your indicator switch and the other one should be to your indicator lights.

Im not to sure if the input to the flasher can is negative or positive switching, the output from the flasher can is positive, I would say that the input to the flasher can would be negative.

The earthy points are common to the light cluster, if you had a earth problem at the light cluster it would more then likly take out the parker and stop light on the left aswell.

I take it all your indicators on the left hand side don't work?

Try your hazard lights and tell me what happens?

Regards Richard
AnswerID: 293337

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (14)