Rough Tracks

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 18:56
ThreadID: 55678 Views:1897 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All, Just got back from a drive via Roma, Emerald etc to the Whitsundays to spend a week sailing around on a Yacht. Then came home via Rocky, Parks and Hay.Dam I cant wait to go away across the Anne Beadell so I can drive on a smoother track. Most of these roads had huge holes on their shoulders and were as rough as g**s. I used to complain about the roads in Vic and SA but have to say the vehicle liked the roads closer to home.

My 380 is lowered but these roads were pretty ordinary....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 18:59

Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 18:59
Most of the roads around Roma, Emerald, Rocky etc have been hit pretty hard with the floods. So it takes time to fix them just ask Tourboy ;)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 293398

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2008 at 00:05

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2008 at 00:05
Was fun driving from Maryborough to Rocky the other week of the Mackay Floods....in one spot 7 vehicles were pulled up changing their tyres just past one of the couple hundred potholes on the highway!

Andrew
FollowupID: 559132

Reply By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 19:04

Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 19:04
I have noticed a lot of rural roads are full of pot holes since the
rain we have had recently, you see the road repair crews, throw a
couple of shovel loads of Hot- Mix in the holes and stand their
waiting for a vehicle to come along and compact it.

Cheers
Daza
AnswerID: 293400

Reply By: Member - Derek L (QLD) - Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 20:28

Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 20:28
Its all about the super shires. No little shire that was going to merge with a bigger shire like Warroo Shire (Surat) merging with Bungal Shire (Roma) was going to fix or repair anything. I deal alot with shires out west and they all had the same thought, bugger it let them do it when they take us over, lets go and buy new cars for us all.
AnswerID: 293430

Follow Up By: Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 22:51

Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 22:51
I wish they bought new cars before the amalgamations, save me driving the piece of bleep e they have me driving at the moment.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 559109

Reply By: Member - Happy Gutz (QLD) - Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 22:08

Tuesday, Mar 18, 2008 at 22:08
And that ain't going to happen. Roma now has one councillor in the new council, mostly Bungil and Booringa people. Four women and four blokes, half of who hate the new Mayor with a passion. What a bunfight it's going to be.
AnswerID: 293474

Reply By: mustang.sal - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2008 at 01:01

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2008 at 01:01
I grew up in the Central Qld area and those roads around Theodore - Biloela - gladstone have never been much chop. Used to drive them at night to go to parties and you would be pretty wired up after 200 klms. After a storm the previous night I was off to a wedding travelling from Theodore to Rocky along the highway and nearly drove into a deep creek as the bridge wasnt there anymore HA, no warning. Had to go 4wdriving in my s**t box kia mentor via a mud trak thru Moura pulling over to the side for the road trains. Finally got to the wedding for reception and a few well earned drinks

mustang
AnswerID: 293517

Reply By: Willem - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:08

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:08
The road from Warwick to Goodiwindi and from there via Moree, Collarenebri, Walgett to Brewarrinna is very ordinary. B-doubles plying the route to Cobar and beyond and excessive rain in the area has created a very bumpy passage.
AnswerID: 293550

Sponsored Links