Fitting UHF to Toyota Prado 1999

Thinking of buying a GME TX3420, TX4400 TX4600 or ICOM IC400pro. Would like to stick to GME as it is Aussie made. Has anyone out there fitted any of these to a Toyota Prado 1999 petrol auto, if so whats the go? Is the AE4703 antenna the go for country use with an AE409L for around the suburbs????
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: geocacher (djcache) - Thursday, Mar 20, 2008 at 22:31

Thursday, Mar 20, 2008 at 22:31
Go the 3420. Then you don't have to find anywhere to mount anything except a mic. Unreal.

I have a very reliable 3400 and will upgrade when I change vehicles if the person buying mine wants the radio left in it.

Dave
AnswerID: 293885

Reply By: Stephen M (NSW) - Friday, Mar 21, 2008 at 02:12

Friday, Mar 21, 2008 at 02:12
I have the main unit mounted in the front pocket down in the centre console in front of T/Bar. The mic is mounted just near the power/2nd gear start button. The front screen is mounted behind the T/Bar just where it starts to slope towards the drink holders. I have mounted all with good quality 3M product double sided tape so as not to have holes drilled anywhere. I pulled the hole centre consol out, radio surround, air vents etc no wires to be seen anywhere. I hooked up the main power supply to the lighter, the earth to a bolt under the T/bar. The arial lead runs along just infront of air con evap, then up fairly high is a large gromett. If you pop the bonnett you will see it easier on the passengers side, has the wiring loom coming through it. Make sure you soldier it all and then insulation tape. If you want the uhf to work with out ignition on then you will have to hook up to a permanant power supply. The main loom (2wires) should have come with its own built in line fuse. If you want I can email you some pics of it all, but wont be till next monday. Up in QLD at the moment since last sunday. Regards Steve M
AnswerID: 293913

Follow Up By: Member - kit H (VIC) - Friday, Mar 21, 2008 at 11:10

Friday, Mar 21, 2008 at 11:10
Thanks Steve for the detailed info. Yes the photos would be great. email is: kitlyn@bigpond.net.au What unit do you have?
FollowupID: 559671

Sponsored Links