Birdsville and Back Postponed - Other Ideas?

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 29, 2008 at 19:39
ThreadID: 56051 Views:1931 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Due to the ill health of one of the tour party the Birdsville trek has been postponed until September. As some of you are aware I've been asking questions about road conditions and the like for a while now and I appreciated all the feedback I got.

The new plan for the two remaining members is to take off to Carnarvon Gorge and beyond. Ideally, after a night in the free camping ground at Injune we''ll get to Takarakka on the 8th of April and stay two, possibly three nights and pitch our tents. From there we're footloose and fancy free. I'm all set up for bush camping and can stop anywhere. We thought we'd give the gemfields a go and a night at Fairbairn Dam also crossed our minds. The hot baths at Blackall sound inviting and there are a number of other things I suppose we could do. Now this area received quite a bit of rain recently and I wonder whether any of these ideas have any problems. Someone told me that a lot of the Carnarvon Gorge tracks were wiped out but I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Vince B (NSW) - Saturday, Mar 29, 2008 at 21:09

Saturday, Mar 29, 2008 at 21:09
Mt. Moffatt section of Carnarvon National park has some great bush camping spots.
I don't know how much damage was done with the floods. Maybe check with local National parks office.
AnswerID: 295476

Sponsored Links