Air con servicing and re-gas

Submitted: Monday, Mar 31, 2008 at 21:11
ThreadID: 56132 Views:2054 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anybody know what i should expect to pay to get my air-con serviced and possibly re-gased in my 75 series cruiser?

I found a pin hole leaking oil in the line back to the compressor. The pipe must have been rubbing against the mudguard over the years.
Since i found the leak and temporary fixed it with sikaflex, it then kept working for another couple weeks and now doesnt cool at all, the compressor doesnt engage when the a/c in switched on.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rob S (NSW) - Monday, Mar 31, 2008 at 22:01

Monday, Mar 31, 2008 at 22:01
Cost me $110 for a re gas only for my 80 series,in Sydney.
Their is a pressure switch in the system so when the gas leaks
out the compressor won't run.
You will have to get a new hose fitted and pressure tested.
Rob.
I only ever made one mistake
and that's when I thought I was wrong!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 295874

Reply By: Stephen M (NSW) - Monday, Mar 31, 2008 at 22:01

Monday, Mar 31, 2008 at 22:01
Firstly they will need to degas what gas is left in the system. Then will require a new pipe. If they are a decent aircon mob and know what there doing will fit a new receiver dryer filter. They will vacuum (suck) the air from the system then regas it. If prior to 93 and hasnt been retro fitted to suit the new gas it will need to be done. Without the cost of the pipe and presuming its running the new gas already should be around the $120 mark maybe a tad more. If it needs retro fitting around the $200 mark. The pipe I have no idea what its worth but maybe try enzed or some one like that could possibly be cheaper then Toyota for the pipe. Regards Steve M
AnswerID: 295875

Sponsored Links