Another TCIS story

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003 at 13:28
ThreadID: 5622 Views:1440 Replies:4 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
From Dan on Melbourne list about Guess who.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My biggest bitch is they took our $$$ then said your covered, took 2 Mths to send out the policy & then add this on the bottom...

"They wont cover the car for theft unless I have an immobilizer installed and the car is NOT covered until its installed..."

GO TCIS!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: GaryInOz (Vic) - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003 at 15:49

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003 at 15:49
Totally
Crappy
Insurance
Scam???

Have they sent their complaint DIRECT to Mr Ken Bradley??? Maybe a CC'ed copy to Consumer Affairs would get TCIS thinking twice about pulling a swifty like that again.

Surely it is ILLEGAL to add a "extra" on to the bottom of a policy after TCIS stated that they were covered. A phone call to Consumer Affairs here would be appropriate.

Or try www.notgoodenough.org
AnswerID: 23373

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003 at 16:04

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003 at 16:04
"Surely it is ILLEGAL to add a "extra" on to the bottom of a policy after TCIS stated that they were covered. "

I'm with you, otherwise they could do this everytime someone made a claim, send something out and backdate it! Or say "oh you havent....." and get away with it.

And since it took 2 months for him to get the paperwork, what if his car was stolen in that time? God help us all.

Hes mailed Ken, waitin 4 reply.
FollowupID: 15545

Follow Up By: stillthinkinaboutit - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003 at 18:38

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003 at 18:38
Hope he is not holding his breath whilst waiting for a reply.

I am still waiting for a reply from Ken regarding a recent quotation they issued. I sent him an email 11th June, still no response.

Still it took nearly 2 weeks just to get someone to return my phone calls to get the details originally then another week and a half for a quote to be issued. Think I only got it this quick because I rang every second day.

They certainly don't seem to be keen to obtain any business.

FollowupID: 15565

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003 at 20:23

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003 at 20:23
Got his reply sarvo!

basically BAD LUCK PAL....

According to them, 'they told him when he got quote'....

Knowin Dan they wouldnt have or he would have said stick it in your poo hole.

Which is is doing anyway, has cover note from nutha company, and is jamming TCIS in their bum

FollowupID: 15576

Reply By: relaxed (Fraser Coast-QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003 at 22:40

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003 at 22:40
Consumer Affairs is not the place to send a complaint of this nature to. Sent it to the ACCC, they would love something like this.
Relaxed
AnswerID: 23415

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003 at 23:17

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003 at 23:17
Agree on dont bother with CA, but I see the ACCC as a toothless tiger too.. Alan Fels has as much balls as Kathy Freeman..
FollowupID: 15594

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003 at 02:09

Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003 at 02:09
I saw this little statement on our renewal - I have told them to shove it also. They have the most crap service I have ever seen. Two years in a row I received my renewal invoice after the current policy had expired. When I rang they always say no worries you are covered - luckly I did not make a claim, because I am sure they would say the policy was not paid and thus no cover.

Additonally I looked at the marked down value some $12000 in one year and a double in the cost. CRAP - I went out to a few other companies put the 12000 back on and still the quotes were half of the best price on offer by TCIS. So much for a service to the industry - seems a lot like a service to someones back pocket.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
AnswerID: 23427

Follow Up By: stillthinkinaboutit - Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003 at 09:05

Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003 at 09:05
Hi David,

I am looking for suitable insurance cover and have been doing the rounds.

I was wondering if you could advise who you looked at, and who you decided to insure with.

I need to find an alternative insurer within the next couple of weeks and have been getting all sorts of conflicting information and advice from most of the companies I have tried.

Best Regards,
Mark
FollowupID: 15613

Follow Up By: stillthinkinaboutit - Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003 at 09:05

Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003 at 09:05
Hi David,

I was wondering if you could advise who you looked at, and who you decided to insure with.

I need to find an alternative insurer within the next couple of weeks and have been getting all sorts of conflicting information and advice from most of the companies I have tried.

Best Regards,
Mark
FollowupID: 15614

Follow Up By: stillthinkinaboutit - Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003 at 09:06

Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003 at 09:06
Hi David,

Best Regards,
Mark
FollowupID: 15615

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003 at 11:12

Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003 at 11:12
David,

maybe EO could put up a page somewhere with links to different insurance companies, as without doubt majority of people are going to bleep can TCIS...

FollowupID: 15640

Reply By: Member -BJ (Sydney) - Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003 at 14:31

Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003 at 14:31
mine's with NRMA covered every where.Regards Bob
27th June Gulf trip
AnswerID: 23474

Follow Up By: GaryInOz (Vic) - Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003 at 15:13

Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003 at 15:13
BJ,

Do a search on this site and find out what/when you are NOT covered. They DON"T tell you unless YOU ask them. Caveat emptor in its true meaning!
FollowupID: 15675

Follow Up By: Member - Rohan K - Thursday, Jun 26, 2003 at 12:02

Thursday, Jun 26, 2003 at 12:02
Yeah. Refer to previous posts by both Gary and me re our experience with AAMI. I'm not bagging them, mind you, as I'm satisfied with my cover and premium, but the exchanges go to show just how much you are not told up front.

Make sure you ask to important questions, in writing, and get a written response to keep on file.

Smile, you're on ExplorOz
Rohan (Sydney - on the QLD side of the Harbour Bridge)
FollowupID: 15746

Sponsored Links