Highly Recommend Obies Rear Window Saver

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 23:03
ThreadID: 56261 Views:4619 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I highly recommend Obies Outback rear window saver. The whole process of getting the info on the product, ordering the product online and receiving my new rear window saver was so easy. What ever I needed to know I emailed Mike next day got a reply. It was packed flat and get here by couier to my door in tact. So if you need a rear window saver I say it would be hard to go past Obies rear window saver. The service is great.

Go to: www.obiesoutback.com.au

From my soap box.
Derek L
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Friday, Apr 04, 2008 at 10:08

Friday, Apr 04, 2008 at 10:08
Hi Derek,

Yes, it's a good bit of kit alright.

Have had mine for the Jack for 4 or 5 years, after bleep tering a rear window on the Birdsville Track.

The only "negative" I found with the original setup, was that the strips of Velcro you stick to the glass will only last 6 months or so.
The strips contract and expand with the varying weather conditions and eventually lose their adhesion.

An easy (and cheap) fix for this is to use Velcro dots on the glass.
These dots are about 22mm diameter and available at most hardware shops. They will "break down" after 3 or 4 years from the sun's ultraviolet rays, but are easily replaced and the self adhesive backing lasts at least the same length of time.

I have just replaced the Velcro dots permanently stuck to the rear windows, after noticing the "loops" disintegrated when running my fingernail across them.

As I only use the rear window savers when towing, they are still in excellent condition and have the original Velcro strip material on them.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 296587

Reply By: Member - Mark E (VIC) - Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 10:21

Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 10:21
Hav e a look at this thread.

Rear window guard

Very easy to do if you have a couple of hours and wish to save a few $$. I did on for my 105.

With regard to the velcro dots, try a 3M product called "Dual Lock". It is heaps better than velcro, sticks better and lasts longer.

Cheers,

Mark
AnswerID: 296941

Sponsored Links