Balfour Downs to Scull Springs

Submitted: Monday, Apr 14, 2008 at 18:59
ThreadID: 56638 Views:2390 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone travelled north from Balfour Downs to Scull Springs via the Oakover or Davis Rivers,I would love some GPS readings, thanks Peter.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Monday, Apr 14, 2008 at 20:27

Monday, Apr 14, 2008 at 20:27
Peter,

Came out of Rudall River onto the Oakover at Christies Crossing last year and went south. Road is in excellent condition and I took some trek notes along the way which I will type up if you like. You'll have to reverse them of course. The roads were in excellent condition but there are so many graded lines and tracks that it can be quite confusing. We were using the map and compass so just ensured we were staying in the right 'general' direction. Not familiar with the road north but there a few people on the forum who have come down that way within the last 12 months. Do a forum search around Christies Crossing/skull springs/ eel pool. I will be out that way again in July this year and hope to complete the track north from Christies.

Cheers.

Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 298525

Reply By: watery - Tuesday, Apr 15, 2008 at 01:04

Tuesday, Apr 15, 2008 at 01:04
Thanks Mick,
I am a bit worried about the station tracks down the southern end, once we get on the right track heading north I should be right.
We have a bush block 300 kms north of Perth , about 40km NE of Wubin, if you ever need afree camping spot, let me know, it is on the west side of Mongers Lake, great wildflowers when it rains,
Regards Peter. Ph 0896642085
AnswerID: 298587

Follow Up By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Tuesday, Apr 15, 2008 at 18:51

Tuesday, Apr 15, 2008 at 18:51
Thanks Peter. Post an email address and I'll get those notes across to you. When were you looking at heading up that way?

Mick
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 564841

Reply By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 19:32

Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 19:32
Peter,

an interesting thing. I have just been on Google Earth and they have upgraded the photo quality of the entire area from the Talawana north. It's fantastic compared to what it was only a couple on months ago. The upside of this is that you can actually identify the track north from Christies crossing all the way up to the Mike Mine and Woodie Woodie. I spent some time marking it out the other night. Must learn a bit more about the program but it's a great help for my upcoming trip. Hope this gets to you OK.

Cheers. Mick
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 299209

Sponsored Links