white cliffs caravan park

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 26, 2003 at 22:31
ThreadID: 5686 Views:7382 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Group,
I am planning on staying in White Cliffs on my way to BH. There is a caravan park there. Has anyone stayed there?
I will be staying one night for sure but if White Cliffs is a good place to visit i may stay for two before heading to BH.

Cheers
waynepd
%
%:-)
%
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -BJ (Sydney) - Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 07:05

Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 07:05
Wayne, havn't stayed there we stayed at underground motel. Caravan park looked prity basic, no grass as you'd expect but it looked clean. You can see all in a day easy. Regards Bob
27th June Gulf trip
AnswerID: 23621

Reply By: Steve L - Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 08:34

Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 08:34
Wayne,

My wife and I stayed there in April on our way to Cameron corner.

As previously stated, it is fairly basic - a mix of bare dirt and concrete slab sites, both powered and not. The amenities were fine - hot water in the showers and sinks and decent clean toilets.

We only stayed the one night on our way through, so can't comment on a more extended stay, but we found it to be fine as a stopover. The other people staying there (plenty at the time) were certainly friendly enough as well, and considerate of everyone else (no loud music, etc.).

The fees are paid on the honour system if you miss the guy in the office, and I think were around $8-12 per night.

I'd have no problem staying there again.

Regards,
Steve
AnswerID: 23625

Reply By: Member - Rohan K - Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 09:40

Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 09:40
Wayne, not much about the caravan park, but here are some comments from others, elsewhere, about White Cliffs:

`We got rained in at White Cliffs for 3 days several years ago and loved every minute of the place - checked out some mines, the motel and the pub, but stayed in the caravan park - really friendly place, plus I purchased a beautiful opal in a gum leaf setting - a great reminder of the place.'

`Can thoroughly recommend PJ's Underground B&B at White Cliffs. Around $100 per night give or take last year. It was a highlight of our trip. Joanne and Peter made us very welcome and the house is beautiful. It had my wife actually asking about work opportunities in White Cliffs!'

`As for White Cliffs have been and stayed there several times at the Underground Motel. The accommodation and facilities are very good and I can thoroughly recommend it. PJ's seems nice (have only visited) and is a bit more up-market than the motel.'
Smile, you're on ExplorOz
Rohan (Sydney - on the QLD side of the Harbour Bridge)
AnswerID: 23630

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 19:46

Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 19:46
Hi Wayne
stayed there last time through from Innamincka. Basic but clean and quiet-that is tiill Jocko finds you - lol
roflol
Take him up on his offer of a guided trip what ever you do.
Andrewwheredayathinkwer mike?
AnswerID: 23680

Follow Up By: Waynepd (NSW) - Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 22:21

Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 22:21
AHHHH the legendary Jocko
I have to meet this guy, everyone talks about him :)

Thanks for the responses, I will ring and book inCheers
waynepd
%
%:-)
%
FollowupID: 15859

Follow Up By: KiwiAngler - Sunday, Jun 29, 2003 at 18:26

Sunday, Jun 29, 2003 at 18:26
:-)

Take a set of ear plugs with you when you visit Jock. His hearing is shot after years of mining in Victoria and Broken Hill. Trouble is he thinks we are deaf too :-)). You will not regret visiting Jock he is living history :-)
FollowupID: 15919

Sponsored Links