Innamincka Closure in May

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 at 21:35
ThreadID: 56907 Views:1948 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
According to yesterdays Desert Parks Bulletin
Innamincka Regional Reserve/Coongie Lakes National Park temporary closure
For the purpose of ensuring public safety, Innamincka Regional Reserve and Coongie Lakes National Park will be closed during an aerial pest control and monitoring program. This will be for a period from 6 p.m. on Wednesday, 7 May 2008 until 6 p.m. on Monday, 12 May 2008.
Innamincka Regional Reserve will be closed with the following exceptions:

Innamincka Township

Innamincka Town Common Campground

Dillon Highway

Cordillo Downs Road

Nappa Merrie Road

Innamincka Flood By-pass Road

Fifteen Mile/Walkers Crossing Track

The Strzelecki Track

The Old Strzelecki Track.
Visitor campgrounds and day visitor sites along the Cooper Creek frontage which include Burke’s Grave, Cullyamurra Waterhole, Policemans, Ski Beach, King’s Site, Minkie Waterhole, Will’s Site and Scrubby Camp, and all of Coongie Lakes National Park including the Kudriemitchie campgrounds will be closed during this program. Camping is still available at the Innamincka Town Common within this closure period.
However, visitor campgrounds and day visitor sites from Cullyamurra Waterhole to the 15 Mile sites up to Will’s Site will be completed at the start of this program. This will enable Park staff to re-open sites along this area and notify visitors that they are safe to use these sites before the remainder of Innamincka Regional Reserve and Coongie Lakes National Park re-opens at the completion of the program at 6pm on May 12.
We apologise for any inconvenience but this is vital work within Innamincka Regional Reserve and Coongie Lakes National Park.
For further information on the feral control program closures, please contact the Desert Parks Hotline on 1800 816 078
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mick O (VIC) - Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 at 22:02

Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 at 22:02
Bless em. At least they're active keeping the pests and ferals under control. Mind you all that brass falling from the helicopters will drive anyone with a metal detector crazy for years! lol!. I've struck closure in the Gammons for the same purposes a couple of times over the years. Have you ever seen the NSW vermin control boys working the pigs & goats along the inland rivers? Very impressive.

Mick.
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 299956

Reply By: Member - Michael J (SA) - Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 at 22:05

Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 at 22:05
G'day Phil,

At least it is not in July.......
which would have upset heaps of ExplorOz members...

Cheers
Michael
AnswerID: 299959

Follow Up By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 at 22:10

Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 at 22:10
"would have upset heaps of ExplorOz members..."

Geeze Michael, I wouldn't have thought of any of the members as being feral :-)))))
FollowupID: 566110

Reply By: Member - Kiwi Kia - Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 at 22:06

Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 at 22:06
Thanks Phil, I was going to be there during that period, may have to hold back and spend a few extra days getting there.

AnswerID: 299960

Follow Up By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 at 22:11

Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 at 22:11
Yep, thought there might be a few who may want to change their plans. We'll be passing through later in the month.
FollowupID: 566112

Reply By: brushmarx - Wednesday, Apr 23, 2008 at 09:37

Wednesday, Apr 23, 2008 at 09:37
There goes all the underground mutton hopping around the dunes at Coongie Lakes.
I guess you guys heading there in July will have to take your meat with you now.
Cheers
I'll get there someday, or die wanting to.

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 300021

Reply By: Member - Derek L (QLD) - Wednesday, Apr 23, 2008 at 19:36

Wednesday, Apr 23, 2008 at 19:36
What a ass of a time to do feral control the same time I plan to go there. Oh well route replan tonight. I dont want to miss having a fish and seeing the sights.

Derek L
AnswerID: 300139

Reply By: Member - Scoey4 (SA) - Wednesday, Apr 23, 2008 at 20:45

Wednesday, Apr 23, 2008 at 20:45
Will be at Innamincka, Coongie Lakes and surrounds from 3rd to 5th - good timing eh.

SCOEY
AnswerID: 300167

Sponsored Links