Wheel Covers

Submitted: Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 10:43
ThreadID: 5696 Views:1629 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi David & Michelle,

Fantastic Wheel Covers! I will certainly be ordering one as soon as I check my tyres.

Also have a great trip up the Canning. How will we be able to see you progress as you trial Sat Track?Just Do It!

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rohan K - Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 12:08

Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 12:08
Yeah, cool. But I need size 007.

David/Michelle, from what material/s are they made?Smile, you're on ExplorOz
Rohan (Sydney - on the QLD side of the Harbour Bridge)
AnswerID: 23643

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 12:35

Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 12:35
Rohan,

The 005 will fit on your vehicle the difference in 20mm in the overall diameter. We found that the difference between the 005 and the 007 was not a limiting issue and that the 005 will fit on the 007 size tyres. If you get it and it does not fit we will take it back however I am confident that it will be fine. The piping around the edge may sit a fraction off the edge but it should not be a problem.

They are made from a heavy vinyl and are elasticised on the back. Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
FollowupID: 15822

Reply By: Member - Geoff & Jen - Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 14:14

Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 14:14
What a Bonza Idea, we have just lost ours from dumped blue cattle pup our son brought home, he had a good chew. So we are in need of another. As well as elastic, is there ties to pull it in tight, as we had a previous one come loose a few years back, with just elastic, and it flew off, when travelling with a caravan. The cruise wind must have lifted it. Jen
AnswerID: 23655

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 14:28

Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 14:28
No there are no ties currently on the cover however the elastic is nice and tight and basically wraps a long way behind the cover ie it completly wraps around the tyre and covers all the black rubber bits on the back. The elastic pulls in to about a 15 cm diameter on the back so I do not think it should be able to come off. I am not yet sure how it will be after a few years but a few holes from the hole punch and some string would solve this problem if it occurs (I do not think it will be a problem).

The covers are a very good quality cover (no expense spared) and we are not trying to make money on these just wanting to get them out there. If you want one or two or heaps please see the full sizes listing.

Enjoy.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
FollowupID: 15826

Follow Up By: Member - Glenn(VIC) - Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 16:41

Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 16:41
Hi Geoff and Jen,

How is the construction of the drawers going?Just Do It!

FollowupID: 15835

Reply By: Member - Geoff - Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 17:43

Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 17:43
G'day Glen, The answer is " shocking" we haven't done a thing yet and we are going to have to get our selves into gear as time is slipping away. Actually the last couple of weeks have been out of whack since Mum (Geoff's) was sent to hosptial and then passed away last sunday and this week -the funeral and rellies etc. So back to the work of getting holiday prep very soon with brighter days ahead, will keep you informed and send those pics for sure. Kind regards Geoff & Jen
AnswerID: 23671

Follow Up By: Member - Glenn(VIC) - Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 21:34

Friday, Jun 27, 2003 at 21:34
Commiserations to both yourselves and Geoff's family. I hope all is ok. I lost my Mum 12 months ago so I know how hard things can be at this time.

All the best.Just Do It!

FollowupID: 15854

Reply By: Member - Geoff & Jen - Saturday, Jun 28, 2003 at 13:59

Saturday, Jun 28, 2003 at 13:59
Thanks Glenn, this is the first of our parents to pass away and it is hard as she was a loving and kind beautiful mum to her kids, inlaws and grandies, so we will miss her, as I guess you must feel also. Never mind, back to the drawers, we have a full base made from box steel which has attachments that can be fixed to the base of where the back seats were, and also fixed to the rear near the back doors.Our drawers will be a lot more shallow than yours as we have made room for our mattress, so as it will not be window height. This should fit most of our personal gear and food supplies, as our recovery gear goes behind one of the front seats and on a small roof rack, and the other side, the fridge, so hopefully, in the near future we should be able to send you some photos. This seems to a build as you go project, as is most of Geoff's designs. Should be interesting yet again, so far there hasn't been a disaster:>) Kind regards Geoff & Jen
AnswerID: 23719

Sponsored Links