4runner

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 29, 2003 at 21:38
ThreadID: 5729 Views:1838 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hey there

I have an old 86 4runner 2.4 diesel (2L) which I have owned for about 1 1/2 years. I bought it on the premise that I would be doing the brown stuff regularly. Due to where I lived however (unit) it was impossible for me to do anything myself as there was simply no space to do it (there was the living room but the wifey didnt really see my side of the argument).

I am now living in a house with a very well built garage (yessssss). I have taken it off the road for a while (the 4WD not the wife), as I go about "fixing" it up.

I have decided on doing the interior first (seats, panels, carpet) as brown is a lttile past now!

I am wondering if anybody could tell me if any of the newer models interiors would fit straight (or with a little modification) into the 86 4runner.

As I am new at this, expect to hear alot more from me!!!

Best regards

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Jun 29, 2003 at 23:59

Sunday, Jun 29, 2003 at 23:59
Are you just talking seats and carpet?

goto a wrecker and measure them up, is easiest.

I think logically they would fit, but could be wrong.
AnswerID: 23811

Reply By: mrdesmo - Monday, Jun 30, 2003 at 07:09

Monday, Jun 30, 2003 at 07:09
Hi bananas
If you live in Sydney, Bouncer spares pretty much know what'll fit where, as would most 4WD wreckers....have fun building your toy, and make sure you get a fridge in your shed... :-)
PS...Your wife will never understand...!!!
Cheers
AnswerID: 23816

Reply By: Kev - (Cairns,QLD) - Monday, Jun 30, 2003 at 11:11

Monday, Jun 30, 2003 at 11:11
Where would you be without a garage !

If you dead set want to spruce up the interior you could start by ordering new carpet (not that expensive) to any colour, seat covers would be the cheapest option for the seats and if stuck drop in to your local motor trimmer and get your door skins covered and maybe roof lining.

To be honest i would spend the money on other things instead like good tyres and suspension ect.

Also some advise from someone who has been down this road before, make it clear to yourself what you want to do and how much your willing to spend before you start anything !
What can happen is you may strip the car apart and say i will replace this and that and before you know it your left with a big and expensive project on your hands that you may never get around to finishing.

Just my opinion so have fun.

Kev.

AnswerID: 23828

Sponsored Links