message for Rohan

Submitted: Monday, Jun 30, 2003 at 10:30
ThreadID: 5733 Views:1319 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Rohan,
Just arrived back form the gammons ranges, weather was fine most days but rained on the last night; not too heavy though

The wilpena and flinders ranges area was a tad different ...water water water every where....but passable.

Watch out for dips as they may be washed out and all sections of dirt should be treated with caution when wet. One can scoot along on a damp/wet surface only to be fooled into a false sense of security, ie the road isnt too slippery but and with out warning, suddenly changes to soft SLIPPERY clay.

Almost came unstuck (or should i say stuck) a couple of times. This info relates for roads Wilpena to Arkaroola to Copley.
Richard

Richard
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rohan K - Monday, Jun 30, 2003 at 10:59

Monday, Jun 30, 2003 at 10:59
Thanks Richard. I'll pass the info on. I didn't realise it was so wet out there at the moment.

I trust you enjoyed yourself.

RohanSmile, you're on ExplorOz
Rohan (Sydney - on the QLD side of the Harbour Bridge)
AnswerID: 23825

Follow Up By: Member - Wherethehellawi - Monday, Jun 30, 2003 at 11:30

Monday, Jun 30, 2003 at 11:30
Yes we did have a great time...chasing goats over the ranges for NPWS but our team managed 11 or 12 all up. Nothing to show for my efforts though, except very tired legs. The only goat up there was me I reckon.

NPWS stilll happy with the results...at least we are keeping the numbers down

Great company and a few reds (and a cray for entree...tease, tease) is as good as putting a few feral goats to rest I guess.Richard
FollowupID: 15979

Reply By: Member - Rohan K - Monday, Jun 30, 2003 at 16:11

Monday, Jun 30, 2003 at 16:11
A great location, a bit of exercise, good company and a bottle (or so) of God's nectar. What more could you want?Smile, you're on ExplorOz
Rohan (Sydney - on the QLD side of the Harbour Bridge)
AnswerID: 23862

Reply By: Mike - Monday, Jun 30, 2003 at 17:32

Monday, Jun 30, 2003 at 17:32
Thanks for the info, Richard, we'll be up there next week. We had heard how dry it's been and were a little dissapointed, but your news has cheered me up.

Happy trails, Mike.
AnswerID: 23871

Sponsored Links