Sharing a special Email

Submitted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 10:30
ThreadID: 57556 Views:1985 Replies:6 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
An old lady who is related to (Chubby) Elsie Grace Campbell somehow came across my webpage about her little grave in a lonely little spot in the Argylla Ranges between Cloncurry and Mt Isa, the story inspired her to want to visit the site. Just one result like that makes the effort I put in the webpage worthwhile and feel good that she got the inspiration to get up and go, Below is an email she sent this morning.

Elsie Grace Campbell

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Doug
We made it to the gravesite and it was such a special time. Wayne Tapp from Cloncurry took us on the guided tour and made it all so interesting. We went to Mary Kathleen (town and mine site), Mt Frosty calcite mine and finally Chubby's grave. What a day. We had lunch in Charly Creek and saw the remains of the Old Glencoe homestead. Also had a trip to the Gorge, just south of Cloncurry (where my grandmother was born), and the old town sites of Kuridala and Selwyn. I am now all fired up to get into the family history.
Thanks for your help in getting me there.
Merle.

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Michael J (SA) - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 10:50

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 10:50
G'day Mate,

Nice to get a good story for a change. There are probably
more people appreciate the effort put in than you would know.

Cheers
Michael
AnswerID: 303547

Reply By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 11:51

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 11:51
A good story Doug, well done

Cheers

D

Simba, our much missed baby.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 303556

Reply By: Member - Footloose - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 12:32

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 12:32
What a great post, Doug. When people take the time to send us such emails it makes our day, doesn't it.
Heck, your post made mine!
AnswerID: 303562

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 12:39

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 12:39
Footloose

Thanks , I have spent an enormous amount of time on updating Chubby's webpage to what it is today, always looking for some special little thing to add to the page, I always think what a wonderful life in this world she was deprived of .

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 569684

Follow Up By: Member - Dick (Int) - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 20:27

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 20:27
Doug

Thank you for the time you have put into the webpage on Chubby. Since discovering it, I often go back and read it again and again. It reminds me of the hard times our parents went through.

And thank you again for all the information you have gathered together on your web site.

Cheers
Dick

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 569789

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 12:43

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 12:43
I really enjoy your site too Doug.

But it's putting the pressure on to upgrade to a widescreen monitor !!
I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 303566

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 06:52

Thursday, May 15, 2008 at 06:52
I use a Samsung 40cm HDTV/Monitor, FANTASTIC, when I first used it it looked so large after the 27cm, I know my website don't suit the old style monitor but knowing that all new monitors are widescreen had to keep up with the times,
So whats holding you back, go get one mate , you will not regret it,
Don't get a small one because later down the track you'll wish you had a large one , not sure on prices but just a monitor without TV could range from $250-$350.

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 569971

Reply By: Member - barry F (NSW) - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 17:48

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 17:48
It's a great story Doug & thanks for taking the time to put it together & sharing it with us. People did it tough in those days didn't they.
I had not looked at your home page before, but as a result of reading your above post I somehow ended up there & I'm glad I did as your story on the life & times of your mate "Dusty" is a great read & I would recommend it to everyone!! What a top photo of Slim with your pride joys. All the best.
AnswerID: 303621

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 20:13

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 20:13
Good story Doug. Beats me where you find all the history that you do. If it wasn't for people like you much of our country's history would be lost.
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 303655

Sponsored Links