TomTom Home Help

Submitted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 12:01
ThreadID: 57560 Views:2297 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
HI,
I have recently purchased a TomTom GO720 and iam very happy with it. But i am having trouble creating an account with TomTom Home. we got the cd with the unit and downloaded it. to buy anything it says to create an account, we put all our details in inc our usual email address and when i click continue it always comes back email address not valid. i dont get it. the address works as i recieve emails all the time and its the only one i use.
Has anyone else had trouble or can suggest possible causes. at the moment i wont be able to upgrade the maps or anything. i cant email TomTom because it says you need an account to access the email??

Any help would be appreciated...im at a lost end with this one
Tony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By:- Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 12:37

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 12:37
I have the same model TomTom & didn't have any trouble registering. From memory i had to enter a code that came with the unit but other than that it was straight forward
AnswerID: 303565

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 14:20

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 14:20
Tony,

The email address for the TomTom account must be "unique".

I also have TomTom Navigator 6 running on a PDA and set this up by registering via TomTom Home.

When I bought the 720, I had to set up a new (unique) email address before I could create a new account. Only one email address can be associated with one registered TomTom device. If you tried setting it up initially and failed, this may be causing you grief.

You can generally create a few alias email addresses with your ISP account. Try creating a new one and use this to create the TomTom Account. (You can always delete it if it doesn't work to fix your problem.

Also, a newer version of Home is used for the 720. Personally, I prefer the older version software which I use for Navigator 6 upgrades. Up to date Home software can be downloaded from the TomTom Web site.

As a last resort, you can send an email to the TomTom support centre outlining your problem. They will generally answer within a couple of business days.

Bill.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 303578

Follow Up By: Tony - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 14:44

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 14:44
Hi Bill, Thanks. i just tried again using a Yahoo email address but it still says the same message
'error when contacting server. some of the information you entered cannot be used. please enter a valid email address'

the only info i entered was the email, my name, gender and a password. i dont get it.

I cant email them either because it asks me to log in to get the email address which i cant do. and i cant find one anywhere else.

its getting frustrating.
Cheers Tony
FollowupID: 569710

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 15:49

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 15:49
What state are you in Tony?
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 569720

Follow Up By: Tony - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 15:57

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 15:57
I'm in WA
FollowupID: 569723

Reply By: TerraFirma - Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 14:56

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 14:56
try another email address, I had no problems. Hang on to your Tom Tom dearly, every 4th unit is being stolen.
AnswerID: 303584

Sponsored Links