Sleeping bags Left or Right

Submitted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 08:50
ThreadID: 57792 Views:2001 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Bought a couple of sleeping bags awhile ago, one left one right.

One of the bags tore on the inside and I am getting it replaced under warranty. The only problem is was it the Left or the Right the only place it states which one it is is on the storage bag, which have now been mixed up. Store owner wasn't much help either and it is an online store so I can't check out which is which.

Can anyone help me work out which is left/right?

Regards

Kelvin
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mark E (VIC) - Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 09:30

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 09:30
I'm fairly sure that when you are lying down in the bag, if the zip is on the right, then it is a right hand bag and vice versa. I'm sure the manufacturer would know how they label their bags....surely!

Cheers,

Mark

AnswerID: 304816

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 10:55

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 10:55
Kelvin,

Are you dinkum mate?
left and right hand sleeping bags?

We have a couple that can be unzipped completely and laid out flat, or zipped together to make a double bag.

But they are identical. When you lay one on top of the other, the zips are oriented opposite to enable them to join together.

Bill.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 304828

Follow Up By: dolfn - Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 11:21

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 11:21
Fair dinkum mate!!!

They are a mummy style -5 lightweight that are great to travel with as individual sleeping bags, but when we take the trailer away we can join them together and use them as one.

FollowupID: 570878

Reply By: TerraFirma - Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 12:12

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 12:12
Does it really matter, left or right , I wouldn't care, it isn't hard to unzip or zip up a bag..! If you can't tell which bag is left and right by looking at them then that about somes up the whole thing.! LOL
AnswerID: 304842

Reply By: Crackles - Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 20:27

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 20:27
If the bag does not have a hood then usually there is no left or right. Simply by placing one on top of the other they should zip together.
If they have hoods then usually there is a difference. The right hand bag if laid open flat will have the hood on the right. Obviously then the left hand will have the hood on the left.
Normally there is a tag sewn onto most bags with details of the temp rating, fill type etc & also has a RH or LH printed on it as well if there is an option to join them together.
Don't be concerned Kelvin by the negative responses as it only highlights their lack of understanding ;-)
Cheers Craig.............
AnswerID: 304946

Sponsored Links