Fenninghams Island Caravan Park- Port Stephens

Submitted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 13:06
ThreadID: 57837 Views:7050 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone stayed there?

Can you have fires?(in or out of a drum)

Booked in for the LWE - $43 per night powered site website says thats the high season which is Xmas, Easter & LWE Oct . June shows as low season - Have sent an email but no reply

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wizard1 - Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 13:43

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 13:43
We stayed there a couple of Christmas ago. Most of the park is taken up with permanent holiday setups so there are very few powered casual sites.

We got plonked in this spot that needed two hoses and an extra power cord to reach the van.

Be aware that they allow motorcycles/mimibikes to cruise around the roadways which can break the serenity.

I'm sure it would be quiet at any other time than a long weekend, etc.

The beach, if you'd call it that, to the rear of the park is a touch tidal and becomes a mud flat at low tide.

All in all it wasn't too bad. I'd give it a 2.5 stars out of 5.
AnswerID: 305064

Reply By: Member - Ian W (NSW) - Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 17:05

Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 17:05
Anyone stayed there?

Yep! Christine and I.

In some respects not a bad caravan park, however the joint appears to be a haven for dune buggies, mini bikes, trike's and every other bloody type of wheeled vehicle about the place.

This park has the potential to be an excellent caravan park, ruined however, by the proprietors need to cater/pander to the 'permanent" residents/hirers.

Fires? While Chris and I were there some locals did indeed have a fire in a drum. There are no other fire places.

$43:00 A night! My initial reation is, "You got to be bloody kidding", however I suppose that on a llong weekend and only some two and a quarter hours from Sydney, they are in a position to milk the market for what it's worth. I can't for the life of me remember what we paid for the one night we stayed there but offer the following ; It was certainly not $43:00 a night, at that price instantaneous paralysis would have prevented me from pulling out my wallet. The park itself was pleasant. Clean amenities with plenty of hot water.; pleasant bushland walks commencing from the park itself, no traffic/highway noise or other distractions. I would be happy to go back there tomorrow if it were not for the bloody m/bikes, dune buggies, trike's and other wheeled/motored combinations that seemed, while we were there, tio infest the place.

Ian
AnswerID: 305315

Sponsored Links