Putting Toilet/shower in 11ft Supreme Getaway or similar

Submitted: Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 08:26
ThreadID: 58204 Views:7133 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Looking for cheap caravan for trips like fraser. Don't really want to be doing the canvas thing and from what i can guage from previous posts the Supreme Getaway would be good little van. (light, same width as tow vehicle, cheaper).

Just wondering has anybody thought about putting a toilet/shower combo in an older smaller van/poptop (happy wife = happy life). Planning on ripping out some cupboards and the stove/cooker as we would be using a BBQ outdoors. Essentially i want to create a box with a bed, fridge and shower/toilet.

ANy comments suggestions ????
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: stevesub - Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 09:03

Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 09:03
Look at some of the medium sized camper vans for ideas on layout. Not the Hiace size but the next size up where they have SWB Transits, Fiats and Merc's, etc. Also some boats in the 20 to 30ft range

Would have to be a non-pop top caravan to get the height unless you are clever with folding walls.

It should be do able is you had a bare shell to start with or it you can buy new with a custom interior layout.

My guess is have to seats at the forward end that make down to a double bed and on one side a very small combined shower/toilet. Out boat shower/toilet would be no larger than 1m x 1.5m. The other side would be the sink/stove, etc.

Stevesub
AnswerID: 306893

Follow Up By: Oi - Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 09:41

Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 09:41
thanks stevesub,

have been looking at some of the new smaller van layouts around the 14ft with shower/toilet. would go for one of these if could afford but trying to do the cheap thing. have seen a couple older supreme getaways around the 15 - 20k mark and thought if i could spend $2-3K max then i would have what i want for much less than new.

Yes the low shower height!!! i can see the advantage of watching TV while taking a shower being a feature. was thinking of putting a shower curtin from the pop top roof for the extra height.

any recommendations for old, cheaper, off road van, pop top not bigger than 15ft good on the sand???
FollowupID: 572772

Follow Up By: stevesub - Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 16:58

Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 16:58
I am sorry to tell you that I need never need to tow anything off road, especially sand as we have a Troopy pop-top camper and my wife is 110% happy with that - even with no room, lack of toilet, shower, etc - she just loves it.

That is why I have never had to look at a caravan/ camper, etc for off road.

I know that it is a lot of work but I think that you could get a double bed that is seats and table during the day, a small kitchen plus shower/toilet in your 11ft caravan if you could sort out the pop-top part of the shower. The toilet/shower only needs to be 1 x 1.5m or maybe even smaller. I will measure our boat one next time I go to the boat, it is tiny but it all works.

Stevesub
FollowupID: 572831

Reply By: ob - Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 12:36

Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 12:36
Hi Oi

Have a look at a fold up van called an Ecotourer if you want some ideas for a shower that collapses down for traveling.

Cheers
AnswerID: 306931

Reply By: balko - Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 20:33

Saturday, May 31, 2008 at 20:33
Great little van i have a 15ft with shower and toot and i drag it through all kinds of snott its unbreakble But its the 2000 year steel model so its not light at around 2300kgs loaded up. I wanted a bushtracker but ended up saving a heap and couldnt be happier . Cheers tony
AnswerID: 307011

Reply By: Oi - Monday, Jun 02, 2008 at 10:35

Monday, Jun 02, 2008 at 10:35
the eco tourer is an interesting setup will have a look at the qld show this week for shower ideas.

any thoughts on a Gazal Infinity 13ft that has been raised in the factory for off road???? slightly more space than the supreme but concerned about off road/ sand ability.
AnswerID: 307296

Sponsored Links