Great location to photograph

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 06, 2003 at 11:53
ThreadID: 5837 Views:1809 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
I plan to spend three to four weeks in the "bush" photographing. Never been seriously inland before and not sure on where I can get to and explore in given time. I will be leaving from Sunshine Coast (in 80 series Diesal) in around 2 or 3 weeks. Looking for big interesting geography in QLD or NT. I have read up on the obvious destinations, however, perhaps someone knows of areas that are not so documented and won't be full of other travellers (being peak season).
Any info, very much appreciated. Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Willem- Sunday, Jul 06, 2003 at 12:53

Sunday, Jul 06, 2003 at 12:53
Hi Zoobs,

If you take the road from the Sunshine Coast along the D'Aguilar Highway and the Burnett Highway all the way as far north as Biloela you will find some very interesting land forms. Near Biloela you find the Singing Mountain which will provide good photographic material. From there you may head west as far as Mt Isa and then south and east again to take in the various different flora types and relief type landscapes. Have fun. It is a great country to travel.Cheers, Willem
Never a dull moment
AnswerID: 24316

Reply By: Old Soldier - Sunday, Jul 06, 2003 at 14:40

Sunday, Jul 06, 2003 at 14:40
G'day Zoobs,

There is some very photogenic country in the Lawn Hill area where you could use up quite a few rolls of film [or memory sticks if on digital].

Reds, brilliant greens, and at this time of year, a blue sky you will not see the like of anywhere else but in the far north of Australia.

Also if you are roughly in the area, have a look around the country behind the coal belt SW of Dysart and Peak Downs.

Some very interesting countryside where you can get away from the mob for some peaceful photography.

If you can get off the roads and "con" yourself an invite onto a cattle station in the Gulf region you will also not be disappointed. Some of the country hidden from public view on our northern cattle stations is magnificent.

enjoy

DennisN
AnswerID: 24322

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Sunday, Jul 06, 2003 at 18:55

Sunday, Jul 06, 2003 at 18:55
Zoobs,

Bit hard to ignore a post like this:

Country round Springsure,
Drummond range(bit ho-hum)
Country to south and west of Winton, including Merton Range, near Lark Quarry. Winton to Boulia, through Woodstock station, Middleton area, Cawnpore Range, Diamantina Lakes .

Boulia- Mt Isa, via Dajarra or Duchess.

Trip to Lawn Hill, via Riversleigh, and down to Gregory Pub. Gregory River isn't half bad either.

For the NT, try around Timber Ck, and Keep National Park. Worked there 30 years ago, a Kodak delight!!!

Have a safe trip,

Hooroo...

AnswerID: 24341

Reply By: Stephen - Sunday, Jul 06, 2003 at 21:43

Sunday, Jul 06, 2003 at 21:43
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if you just keep on travelling out there, you will find what you wish and no one else can show you.....needless to say no one else can tell you where it is !!

Have a great trip ...
AnswerID: 24360

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Jul 06, 2003 at 22:55

Sunday, Jul 06, 2003 at 22:55
" Looking for big interesting geography in QLD or NT. "

As others have said, you would be hard pressed NOT to find things to photograph...!!

Digital or Film photography???
AnswerID: 24368

Follow Up By: Zoobs - Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 00:00

Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 00:00
Dear Truckster
Will be using film camera's, 35mm and 6x7cm. Thanks for the reply.
FollowupID: 16388

Reply By: Zoobs - Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 00:08

Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 00:08
Thanks for all the good information. I know it sounded a bit "are there any tall buildings in New York" type of question, however, if you have never been to a place, especially a huge area, specific info on what you are looking for is extremley helpful.
All The Best!!!
AnswerID: 24371

Follow Up By: Bruce - Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 02:01

Monday, Jul 07, 2003 at 02:01
Do you have a well prepared 4WD?, I'd be a little sceptical going into remote places just to get a great photo. Know your limitations before going that little bit further that will get you into heaps of trouble and need recovery help.
FollowupID: 16389

Sponsored Links