car seat covers for Patrol

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 13:31
ThreadID: 5876 Views:10540 Replies:8 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,

I am after some car seat covers for our Patrol.

Does anybody know where one can buy covers for the middle seat.

It really needs 2 covers, rather then 1 bench cover, coz we need to be able to lift up the seat to enable the kids to climb into the back.

And because they also use the extra seats in the back, we would also like to get two individual seat covers for these, so they can be folded out of the way when not in use.....

Looking forward to your responses...

Thanks
Tania
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Matt (W.A.) - Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 14:41

Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 14:41
Tania,
Try http://www.michellessacs.com.au/index.html they may be able to help? I have them in my NM Pajero there Realy hard wearing and withstand the Tin-Lid (Kid)Factor They may mail order. Hope this helpsKeep It On The Rough Stuff

Matt (W.A.)
AnswerID: 24475

Follow Up By: Matt (W.A.) - Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 21:04

Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 21:04
All the Canvas type Covers Michelle's Sacks / Black Duck are a lot cheaper and longer lasting than sheepskin ones!!!! Michelle's Sacks also do custom Work at reasonable prices thro ARB (I have no Affiliation to Either Company) Just great ProductsKeep It On The Rough Stuff

Matt (W.A.)
FollowupID: 16465

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 15:11

Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 15:11
Theres a bloke local to me that makes Sheepskin covers. $900 for Drivers passangers, and the middle seats.. After a short stint in Hospital from his quote, I declined, and just got 2 for front seats from elsewhere.

Yes they are odd size, and dont think anyone but Missan will have em, apart from custom made.

If you find any, Grab em!

Other choice is to go to the markets and buy a length of sheepskin, and some elastic, and make your own, would be $100s cheaper. Just loop the elastic around the base and back to hold them in place.

Good luck!
AnswerID: 24476

Reply By: Brad - Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 17:26

Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 17:26
Get canvas seat covers from the Black Duck - better,cheaper,easy to clean,comfortable,kid-proof . got mine thru ARB.
Regards,
Brad.
AnswerID: 24487

Reply By: Brian - Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 19:14

Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 19:14
Just got Sheepskin for the front $230 pair, and have ordered Canvas "Rough country" covers for the back seat $199 (got 2 messy kids), the rough country are canvas with a lining. They also had covers for the third row of seating!
Got all of this from Auto Barn. I am very happy with the sheep skin covers!!! and have not picked up the rear canvas covers as yet ,maybe tommorrow!

Brian
2000 ST 4.2 td Wagon
AnswerID: 24503

Reply By: relaxed QLD - Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 22:30

Tuesday, Jul 08, 2003 at 22:30
Tania
We looked around for seat covers when we first bought our Patrol and were astonished at the prices for the middle seats. We overcome the prob by buying a couple meters of rubber backed curtian material (our kids are messy to) and made the covers to fit each seat, it not that difficult to do, you just need a sewing machine and a few hours. The covers have been on for 12 months now with no sign of deteriation although they are geting grotty (need washing). The rubber back is good for when things get spilt or the kids are wet from swimming and all for a cost of about $30. With the front seats we splashed out and got 2 xlarge sheep skins from a tannery (2nd grade) for $40 each. There big enough to cover the whole seat and to hold them up, I glued a small piece of shadecloth to the back of the skin for strength and cut two holes in them so the headrest posts could keep them in place. The sheep skins are a high quality, they just have a couple of nicks in them.
This is a poor mans solution to your problem, but hey, it works and works well.
Relaxed
AnswerID: 24513

Reply By: Tang - Wednesday, Jul 09, 2003 at 13:34

Wednesday, Jul 09, 2003 at 13:34
Thanks for everyones help....

We will definantly be going to ARB and Autobarn on the weekend to see what we can get. Michellessacs sounds good - just that they are in WA and we are in VIC - will use them as a last resort.

As for making my own - I'm not too good with the sewing machine - but thanks for the suggestion.......

Tania

AnswerID: 24549

Reply By: colin - Thursday, Jul 10, 2003 at 14:25

Thursday, Jul 10, 2003 at 14:25
see if there are any tannerys near you they make sheep skins to fit and better quality and cheaper. I did in brisbane and couldnt be happier. Col
AnswerID: 24593

Reply By: Groove - Thursday, Jul 10, 2003 at 17:59

Thursday, Jul 10, 2003 at 17:59
Just last weekend I had covers made for my GU.
I went to Tempe car seat covers in Sydney. I got front and middle row covers custom made while I waited (about 1 hour). I selected a heavy duty fabric and they cost $190 for the lot (middle and front). The middle seat is a split seat with fold down arm rests and cup holders in the arm rests, the guy also fiited covers to the arm rests and cutouts for the cup holders.

This sounds like an add for the guy but I really have no affiliation with him, I was just very pleased with the service.

He also does sheepskin but I didnt price them.

Cheers
AnswerID: 24615

Sponsored Links