Trader ad views versus replies, whats a normal ratio?

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 15, 2008 at 13:15
ThreadID: 58802 Views:2077 Replies:10 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, just wondering what sort of numbers others have experienced with their trader ads.

Just quite surprised, the jack has only been listed for a few days, and had already had 1900 views but not one reply. To me that seems like an incredible amount of interest and surely they cant all be "tyre kickers".

Or is this just normal due to the huge amount of traffic on the site? Ex-oz being as popular as it is.

And before anyone asks NO i'm not just trying to generate extra interest / exposure, I just found the numbers astounding compared to other web based sales sites I have used in the past. Maybe David has a good answer.

Cheers all, Brad.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Jun 15, 2008 at 13:23

Sunday, Jun 15, 2008 at 13:23
You always seem to get a high level of views compared to genuine interest.

Other than that

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 310089

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Sunday, Jun 15, 2008 at 13:29

Sunday, Jun 15, 2008 at 13:29
I advertised a vehicle last year and it had about 31,000 hits.

Quite a few genuine inquiries also, sold it to a bloke who was one of the first to inquire but needed to offload his 80 series first.
Guess where he advertised it and sold it pretty quick also......EO Trader.

Good value and very good exposure to the right sort of buyers in the case of a 4wd.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 310090

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Kerry W (QLD) - Sunday, Jun 15, 2008 at 15:30

Sunday, Jun 15, 2008 at 15:30
Yes Bradley its a very busy site.
Its good that more and more more people are taking advantage of the traffic to sell more things on the trader. (It will eventually generate even more interest in it).
ExplorOz ranks in the top 6 of all Australian Travel and Automotive (portal) websites. (outranks TravelMate, Walkabout, Zuji, NRMA Travel, RAC Travel, About Australia, and the Great Outdoors in The Travel Portal category)

You can see our stats here,
ExplorOz Site Statistics
and yes they are accurate and officially verified by several independent sources.

The reason you see so many "views" is that the counter reports the number of times the page showing your ad was viewed since you placed the ad in the trader. You just need somebody who is looking for a 93 Jack to come along soon.

Good luck with your ad.

Hope this helps
Kerry W
Kerry W (Qld)
Security is mostly a superstition. It doesnt exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 310105

Reply By: madfisher - Sunday, Jun 15, 2008 at 15:46

Sunday, Jun 15, 2008 at 15:46
Good luck selling the Jack Brad. Sorry to hear that you have to sell it. My wife and I both have manuals and you would not believe it we are both having trouble with left knees.
Cheers Pete
AnswerID: 310107

Reply By: Kiwi & "Mahindra" - Sunday, Jun 15, 2008 at 15:58

Sunday, Jun 15, 2008 at 15:58
i got over 12,000 when I had the cruiser on there for a couple of months,,,,
AnswerID: 310112

Reply By: Louie the fly - Sunday, Jun 15, 2008 at 16:01

Sunday, Jun 15, 2008 at 16:01
I just checked my listing for my Adventra. 5944 hits since June 1st. Zero enquiries. Still, I'm not in a hurry to sell it. I have only advertised it on EO - nowhere else.
AnswerID: 310113

Reply By: Member - Kim and Doug (QLD) - Sunday, Jun 15, 2008 at 17:38

Sunday, Jun 15, 2008 at 17:38
To date we have had 31,938 hits and as yet no sale but not many people can pull this amount of money out of their back pocket too quickly for a camper trailer.
AnswerID: 310132

Reply By: Matt(WA) - Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 00:37

Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 00:37
Hi Brad,
Only had mine advertised for a few weeks, over 12,000 hits. Probly 15-20 calls. First to look bought it. Once it was sold for some reason lots more interest. Only advertised it on here other than one week in the quokka(WA trading post) but got no calls that week. Very happy with it for $20.
Matt

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 310239

Reply By: madfisher - Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 09:18

Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 09:18
Brad I wonder if you might be better off finding someone with an auto that wants to swap transmisions to a manual. If you had the two cars side by side should not be to difficult.
Had a look last night on the various sites that sell cars(carsales) and was shocked at how many where for sale. Some had been for sale for quite a long time. Twelve months ago 2nd hand Prados where as scarce as hen teeth now their everywhere. NL pajs have dropped by $8000.00 in twelve months. Now only ten to twelve grand. Bit hard for anyone wishing to sell.
Goodluck Brad Pete
AnswerID: 310280

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 18:38

Monday, Jun 16, 2008 at 18:38
Thanks all,

Kerry - ok so its all pages that the "banner" ad etc shows up on. That explains it, I did think it was a hell of a lot of actuall looks at the main ad.

Yeah its a bugger to have to sell it because i have got it running real nice and its well set up just like i wanted, but thats life !

Auto box swap - yeah looked into it all, have to change looms / trans module / gearbox & trans case / bell housings / ECU / possibly keys etc etc. Wouldn't get any change out of 7 grand or more.

Flooded market - yeah its a minor adjustment but it gets rid of some of the "soccer mums" / "toorak tractor" drivers which seem to be good at giving genuine 4by drivers a bad name, so its not all bad.
AnswerID: 310371

Sponsored Links