New Tassie Ferry- sitting is hell.

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 12, 2003 at 16:16
ThreadID: 5946 Views:2874 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just got back.... great trip. The sun shines in winter and is warm ... yep ... short sleeves in 8 degrees.

So as a single, I opted for the sitting ticket. Way cheaper. .... and hell! I watched the 'Poo' get rained out Wednesday week ago. There are TVs all over to watch. You can sit in comfortable seats watching TV all night. I would get pretty crook doing this for too long. But you CAN'T SLEEP IN THE SEATS they allot you.

It's actually an on-board cinema that they have flogged seats for! They don't recline and you need to climb over a dozen sleeping strangers to get to the WC [which a bloke my age needs to during the night]. If you chuck violently on occasion on these trips then look out all the nearby travellers!

I ended up breaking the rules and crawling behind the back seats in a small space and getting a few hours real snooze.

Last night was a very rough crossing with all those winds. I knew that I couldn't handle it sitting so I took my handfull of pills and had the sleeping tab ready.

As it turned out, I found a way of getting a really comfortable sleeping spot, but I can't tell you lot about it because it broke the rules!

Anyway ... be ready for the unsuitable for sleeping seats if you have booked already. Lots of people move out and sleep in the public areas. They don't even provide showers for us lowly seat travellers.

Still.... go to Tassie in the winter..... it's 'cool' . Royce www.funshow.com.au
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 00:37

Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 00:37
When we went in 95, we paid the extra for a cabin. Was well worth it.

Your not the first to say about the sardine can syndrome.

Be interesting to see what happens on the new Sydney to Tazzie Boat.
AnswerID: 24815

Follow Up By: Chris (W.A.) - Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:12

Sunday, Jul 13, 2003 at 04:12
Exactly what I was gonna say!!Gibb River in July.
Chris
FollowupID: 16698

Reply By: Member - Colin (ACT region) - Monday, Jul 14, 2003 at 01:03

Monday, Jul 14, 2003 at 01:03
Have to agree about the 'aircraft style seats' - what a joke. Never again - we paid the extra for an upgrade on the return trip. We got a 4 berth cabin, just the 2 of us, and got a great nights sleep ready for the long haul back to Murrumbateman. Doing the trip during the day is another option.Colin - Subaru Forester
- size isn't everything ! -
AnswerID: 24887

Sponsored Links