Warburton Crossing

Submitted: Friday, Jul 25, 2003 at 08:45
ThreadID: 6163 Views:1998 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Has anybody crossed the Warburton Creek between Kalamurina HS and the Warburton Groove over the last month or so. Slim chance, but if I don't ask......
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: kezza - Saturday, Jul 26, 2003 at 21:30

Saturday, Jul 26, 2003 at 21:30
Steve - let me check this. are you asking about a track from the Birdsville track out to lake Eyre between the 2 or are you referring to a crossing off the homestead track itself??

As far as I know there are some good bottomless mud holes through there and I have heard of a track but Im sure the locals there may be better to ask.
No I havnt crossed the warburton there crossed it further north in May and there was water in the creek and the mud plains were rough and bumpy.
Id like to see the warburton groove, I understand its an interesting feature.
If anybody has photos???

be interested to hear what you find out,

Kezza
AnswerID: 26043

Follow Up By: Stevo - Sunday, Jul 27, 2003 at 07:24

Sunday, Jul 27, 2003 at 07:24
Kezza, I'm referring to the section of the Warburton between the homestead and where it enters Lake Eyre (the Groove). In a couple of weeks we intend to travel from Macumba HS to Kalamurina HS via the Macumba/Kallakoopa/Warburton Creeks. Unfortunately both station lessees have had no need to go down to their "back paddocks" for some time and cannot advise us with any certainty of any safe crossings at the Groove or along the Warburton. Only advice "...lots of water around..and the Diamantina has put plenty of water into the Warburton recently..."
FollowupID: 17705

Reply By: greendog - Sunday, Aug 03, 2003 at 20:16

Sunday, Aug 03, 2003 at 20:16
steve we went out to warburton river just last weeek 30th july go past the home stead turn right go up over the dam wall follow track out to what they call stonys crossing it was knee deep when we were there and and the surface was like you were walkin on a coral reef it,s a good 8,ks from the home stead good luck cheers peter
AnswerID: 26704

Follow Up By: Stevo - Monday, Aug 04, 2003 at 09:35

Monday, Aug 04, 2003 at 09:35
Thanks Peter
FollowupID: 18266

Sponsored Links