Back from the Cape

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 29, 2003 at 16:57
ThreadID: 6244 Views:1643 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Well had a good 21 day trip to the cape the crew I had with me were great .
No problems other than 2 flat tyres one was a 3inch nail and the other was a stick into the side wall. Both sets of rubber were hwy type. I was pleased to see for the first time in a few seasons not as much rubbish around . I think people are starting to think about the big picture . The only thing that still has to be addressed is the toilet paper issue. At the begining of each one of our trips I ask the people to dig a hole and do your thing then burn the loo paper . As we travel along I point out the sorbent flowers and they soon see how unsightly it looks . We camped on the south side of Cockatoo Creek on the way up and I spent the first 10 minutes collecting the loo paper and burning it . The thing is the animals pigs etc dig up and eat the poo but not the paper . The north side of Cockatoo was a disgcrace full of loo paper.
Also to andrew we had some good beach runs at ......... and ......... and ....... also ........ was as good as usual.
All the best
Eric
www.capeyorkconnections.com.auCape York Connections
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ramp - Tuesday, Jul 29, 2003 at 17:22

Tuesday, Jul 29, 2003 at 17:22
hi eric,glad you had a good time and a safe trip, surprized you did not see a few more crocidiles with the bait you were using cheers rob
AnswerID: 26262

Follow Up By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 21:19

Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 21:19
Rob hows the mighty nissan going have you got the bull bar back on and did you sort out the poly bags .
All the best
Eric
www.capeyorkconnections.com.auCape York Connections
FollowupID: 17998

Follow Up By: ramp - Thursday, Jul 31, 2003 at 07:35

Thursday, Jul 31, 2003 at 07:35
eric all is slowly happening,the bar,snorkel,285 muddies,polyair bags.turbo glide at wollongong next week for power chip.lockrite in the front and rockhopper gears to come as long as i keep the flowers up to the missus all should be right.or i get it done while there on there melbourne cup cruise.cheers
FollowupID: 18023

Reply By: Steve from Drive Systems Victoria - Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 08:47

Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 08:47
I,m planning a run up there next year, however, the thought of all those "sorbent flowers" puts me right off. Hope you wre using gloves and long handled tongs, not the ones you use to cook the steak with either! Better book in for a Hep.C shot!
AnswerID: 26321

Follow Up By: Member -BJ (Sydney) - Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 14:32

Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 14:32
We stopped at Leichardt Falls crossing the Gulf & i did the same burning job only to see a tour operator let his charges go off & spread some more on my return, it was a real pain in the ......Regards Bob
Where to next
FollowupID: 17949

Follow Up By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 17:52

Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 17:52
Steve a long handle shovel and a peg for the the fresh ones . All jokes a side the toilet paper is about the biggest rubbish problem this season and it is amazing where you will see it trying to be hidden.
All the best
Eric
www.capeyorkconnections.com.au
Eric 02 42 94 3496
Pete 07 4094 1745
Cape York Connections
FollowupID: 17972

Reply By: Andrew - Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 21:39

Wednesday, Aug 06, 2003 at 21:39
We had a great trip to the Cape, Eric. Went to visit Dal Nixon at Shelburne Bay and had a great look at the dunes. He wants me to do an email so the world will know what he is really like and not all the "bullsh*t" stuff that people write. Will get around to that soon.
Found quite a few nice beaches to drive on up at the Cape so thanks for your encouragement!!!!
Thanks for picking up my dunny paper too. LOL (really none was mine).
Andrew
AnswerID: 26988

Sponsored Links