camping area

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 20:13
ThreadID: 6268 Views:1559 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day, sooner than later my wife and I are heading to Lake Mungo National Park,South Western NSW. Can anyone suggest camping areas(free) north of Mildura. We have a dog, Australian Terrior/Chihuahua- cross and don't want to leave her behind. She has saved my life and I owe her, she loves travelling!!.
Any info would be appreciated
Yes another 'andrew'-........but you can call me the 'mighty Q'
ps we are self sufficent, power, water, accomodation
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 20:27

Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 20:27
Mighty Q,

Mungo is a days visit at the most, we looked at camping there but ended up going further North and stayed on the Darlingriver just out of Menindee, it was great there and a bit more to see and do.

Its a great place . Mungo is steeped in Aboriginal lore and the guides are great, see if you can tag along on the back of a tour, the guys know heaps and we would have missed out on so much just wandering abotu there by ourselves.

Broken Hill is nice too, could spoend a month there and still not see evreything

All the bestSo many places to go!
So much work to do :0(
AnswerID: 26381

Reply By: John - Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 20:53

Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 20:53
Hi Q
Bonz is right Mungo is great but only a days look.
I actually stayed in Mildura and day triped it.

Have a good time what ever you do.

Regards
John
AnswerID: 26386

Reply By: Member - Willem- Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 21:50

Wednesday, Jul 30, 2003 at 21:50
There is a good Murray River campsite just off the Sturt Highway about 15km heading east from Monak(Mildura to Euston road). You can access Mungo from Balranald if you wish. I agree, Mungo is a day visit. There should also be campsites from Wentworth to Menindee along the Darling River. Just follow your nose.
Cheers, Willem
Never a dull moment
AnswerID: 26393

Follow Up By: quinook - Friday, Aug 01, 2003 at 00:18

Friday, Aug 01, 2003 at 00:18
G'day, Thanks for the responces, so far on my request, camping areas heading towards Lake Mungo. Both my wife and I have been scouring our supply of maps to pick out suggested areas and have taking in the suggested directions and camping grounds.
Regards
Mighty Q
FollowupID: 18098

Reply By: Member - Bob - Thursday, Jul 31, 2003 at 08:24

Thursday, Jul 31, 2003 at 08:24
Plenty of camping between Balranald and Mungo on the Burke and Wills Way.
AnswerID: 26412

Sponsored Links