Stockton Beach and other good spots

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 08, 2009 at 14:13
ThreadID: 64916 Views:2590 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

I was doing some research on the net and came across this forum. It seems that it's a good place to be if you like the great pout doors.

I am looking for advice. Myself and around 8 mates are planning a camp trip over the Australia weekend in Jan.

I have been looking at Stockton beach as a possible location for camping. It looks like an interesting spot gull of history and ship wrecks. My friend also has a Jeep but that’s not the reason were camping.

My question is this - What’s it like at Stockton Beach?
From my research its a good spot but it can be a little windy at times and i was wondering if the fact you are so exposed ruins the experience in anyway?

Also, we have a couple of females on our party who to be fair to them are not prima donnas but would appreciate a flushing toilet if possible. I know that on the facilities are fairly basic on the beach but is there a pub nearby where the girls could wash in the mornings?

I have read that they have changed the camping ground recently, has this effected the enjoyment of the camp trip?

If any of you guys know of any spots between Sydney and Newcastle please let me know. we are looking for a site without hundreds of people, preferably wash room or toilets, next to a good fishing spot and camp fires are a MUST!!!!

Please help!

Thanks for you time in advance.

Benje
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: madcow - Thursday, Jan 08, 2009 at 14:24

Thursday, Jan 08, 2009 at 14:24
Although we have nevert camped at Stockton Beach we stayed at Soldiers Point caravan park at the end of the rod. Right next to a Marina and a view that is sensational. In the dunes itself there is Tin City and the Tank Traps that can be seen from The beach by keeping a keen out for them aproxx 500 mt from the beach to get and quite a photogenic site if you are theer with no wheel tracks. Great spot all along there
AnswerID: 343220

Follow Up By: Benje - Thursday, Jan 08, 2009 at 14:31

Thursday, Jan 08, 2009 at 14:31
Thanks for the reply Madcow. From what i can gather it seems ideal and the history has really interested me.

do you know what fishing is like there?

Also, do you know any other spots between Newcastle and sydney, pref with wood fires near water and not a resort?

Cheers

benje
FollowupID: 611021

Follow Up By: madcow - Monday, Jan 12, 2009 at 08:17

Monday, Jan 12, 2009 at 08:17
Sorry for the late reply but i've been bush over the weekend around Dargo. To answer your question i do not know of any spots that you require.
FollowupID: 611664

Reply By: psproule - Thursday, Jan 08, 2009 at 21:04

Thursday, Jan 08, 2009 at 21:04
No idea on the fishing, but if you want to know what it looks like then have a look at the stockton beach video we shot on Christmas Eve on our youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/psproule

Cheers - Pat
AnswerID: 343289

Reply By: Wazza - (Vic) - Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 21:29

Saturday, Jan 10, 2009 at 21:29
Hello mate,

Have camped there twice. Once was mid summer and when I turned up, my Pommy mates had already arrived and picked a spot in the middle of the dunes and it was about 35 degrees every day. Stinking hot, no shade. Having a look around over the next couple of days, there were not any really nice spots to camp on the beach unless it was a perfect day. We were there and it was just hot and you could not escape the sun. Second time went with the mrs only and was a bit windy, so sand everywhere, but it was a lot nicer as it was cooler, being springtime. Possibly check out Anna Bay caravan park at the north end of the beach, al least the girls will be happy with facilities nearby and a bit of greenery around as well.

Wazza
AnswerID: 343624

Sponsored Links