Rhino Roof Bag

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:12
ThreadID: 65323 Views:2773 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day guys,

On the quest for a replacement roof bag. I did purchase a Michelle's Sac (just received after they got their supplier issues sorted out - a 12 month order!!) - they have changed their design somewhat, and the new one is too much for my liking (too many straps to do up, in hard to get to places.

I've seen the Rhino Roof Bag, and it looks pretty good - decent zips, enough but not too many straps, and the material looks pretty tough.

Any good or bad reports of these??

Cheers

Ivan
(with unused Michelle's Sac Rack Sack for sale in the Trader Section)
Cheers,

Ivan
2008 D4D Prado

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Jeelan - Thursday, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:19

Thursday, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:19
hey Ivan

i used to use an older version of the Michelles Sac bags which i bought from ARB years ago - it served my very well until recently when the base came apart from the rest of the bag.

The prices i was quoted for getting it restitched were quite high so i ended up purchasing a couple of the Rhino bags instead as replacement and i couldnt be happier with them. i've got the 1400x500mm bag and i've got a 1500 x 1100 for general purposes.

The material it quite tough and wears well. It is completely waterproof and the zippers hv all got velcro dust flaps on them to keep dust and moisture out.

all in all im' quite pleased with these bags and would definately recommend them.

cheers
Jeelan
AnswerID: 345493

Reply By: RobAck - Thursday, Jan 22, 2009 at 17:42

Thursday, Jan 22, 2009 at 17:42
Ivan we have been using a Rhino Roof Bag for several years now and reckon it is about the best for us. Stong and with only the two straps it is easy to secure in the roof basket and we have never had a problem with it. It is pretty dust proof but none of them are waterproof so if that is important then you may need to think again. Apart from that when we purchased ours we thought they were very well priced as well

Regards

RobA
AnswerID: 345538

Reply By: aeiou - Thursday, Jan 22, 2009 at 21:12

Thursday, Jan 22, 2009 at 21:12
Hi Ivan,

I bought a Rhino roof bag in July 2008 for a trip from Sydney to Cape York.
It was fantastic! Better than I expected.
I was after a Michelle's Sacs which was unavailable at the time, so I bought the Rhino at the last minute. There was NO ingress of dust or water and we went through some very dusty places and had heavy rain fall on one occasion.
We managed to lose a buckle along the way, but a quick call to Rhino customer service and they sent me 2 new ones free of charge!

Go for it!

Dave
AnswerID: 345564

Reply By: Markymark - Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 18:01

Saturday, Jan 24, 2009 at 18:01
We bought a Rhino bag on our 6 month trip last year and it certainly isn't waterproof as advertised! We did strike some heavy rain (tail end of Cyclone Pancho) but this shouldn't have mattered if it was waterproof.

Cheers,

Mark.
AnswerID: 345750

Sponsored Links