April Trip - Weather Conditions

Submitted: Monday, Jan 26, 2009 at 17:01
ThreadID: 65431 Views:1663 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi again,

I am tossing up what to do for a few weeks in April, we would be leaving just before Easter and be away for approx 3 weeks.

I was thinking about heading out to Broken Hill and then up as far as Cameron's Corner.

A couple of questions?

What are the weather conditions like at that time of the year?

Do you think that a couple of weeks is enough time to do the trip, taking into account having a look around. We are happy to drive to Broken Hill before commencing the touring part of the holiday.

Thanks in advance

Cram
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dave B (NSW) - Monday, Jan 26, 2009 at 17:31

Monday, Jan 26, 2009 at 17:31
The weather is usually really great at that time, generally not much wind and rarely any rain.

Plenty of campsites around Menindee, plenty to see in Broken Hill, and there are various ways to get to Cameron's Corner.

Dave
'Wouldn't be dead for quids'

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 346037

Reply By: Member - Duncs - Monday, Jan 26, 2009 at 21:55

Monday, Jan 26, 2009 at 21:55
Best time of year April/May.

Beautiful warm days and cool nights.

You don't say where you are based but from any of the eastern capitals you should be able to have a reasonable look around in the time you suggest.

From Sydney Broken Hill is 12 hours plus stops and can be done in one day. Remeber you gain half an hour on the way out there.

The Hill is closer to Melbourne and a bit further from Brisbane but I have managed Broken Hill to Ballina in one day (not fun but achievable)

Lots to see and do out there I recommend contacting the Broken Hill Tourist information centre.

Wish I could come and show you around.

Duncs
AnswerID: 346088

Sponsored Links