Opinions on Cosy Corner Campsite, WA

Submitted: Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 16:54
ThreadID: 65545 Views:5550 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

My family and I have been reading about the campsite at Cosy Corner near Albany.
Sounds a good spot for the beach and some fishing

Can anyone offer some opinions on what the campsite is like as we have never been. We have 2 little kids and a soft floor camper trailer. Would it be suitable and and a safe spot for the little ones? is the campsite away from the main road?
In the Priceless campsites book it says that there are no fee's and you can stay for 7 days. Is it still a free campsite?

Any advice would be really helpful
Cheers
Tony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony B (Malanda FNQ) - Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 17:40

Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 17:40
Looked good but we did not stay but it Sounds Good. A couple of quick links below

Cosy Corner

Site Link

Cheers Tony
AnswerID: 346765

Reply By: Bloke - Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 18:50

Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 18:50
We tried to camp at cosy corner over the new years holiday about 12 months ago but the place was packed, and we couldn't find anywhere to set up.

From memory its well away from any main roads and is off a quiet dirt road, which is fed from very minor road to Denman. The camping spots looked really good as they were right on the water and partially sheltered from the with some trees and a smallish wind break . I think we were originally looking at this area for the whiting fishing.

Hope this was some help

Cheers

AnswerID: 346772

Reply By: Member - Heather G (NSW) - Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 20:04

Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 20:04
Hi Tony,
cant help with the campsite information as we are yet to get to WA, but I am interested in the Priceless Campsites book you mentioned. Where can you get it?
I am in NSW
Thanks
Heather G
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 346776

Follow Up By: Tony - Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 20:28

Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 20:28
Hi Heather,
the book is called A guide To Priceless Campsites & Rest Areas by Jan Holland. there is one for South WA and one for North WA, i dont know if they do them for other states.
We picked it up at a camping store, i think bopok shops have them or online.
We love the book as it lists free sites but also low cost sites and gives you a large write up on each one.
FollowupID: 614827

Follow Up By: Member - RFLundgren (WA) - Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 21:44

Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 21:44
Heather

They have also wriotten one for the NT. I believe they are available through the EO shop. have a search to see if you can find them. If you are doing the NT or the West, definitely worth the purchase. We used those books as well as Camps 3 on our last trip around WA. Worth every cent as far as I am concerned.

Cheers

Richard

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 614847

Reply By: dave the brickie - Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 20:19

Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 20:19
cosy corner is just that.it gets busy during holidays but is good when the kids are back at school.drop toilet but there is no water on tap.take in what you think you need comfortably,its a fair drive to any shops.it's still free,7 day max.watch the kids at all times,the surf from the southern ocean is unforgiving.
very relaxing.
AnswerID: 346781

Reply By: Bushed-Tracker - Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 20:20

Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 20:20
Its is on a bay between Denmark and Albany on the south Coast of WA. We checked it recently during the school hols - packed to capacity. All shaded sites (no good for solar) close together and close to the beach with an onsite caretaker. Not free but very cheap. No power and a couple of central taps. Out of season should be OK. No problems with traffic but kiddies will have to be watched on the beach anywhere.

B-T
AnswerID: 346783

Reply By: Tony - Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 20:28

Friday, Jan 30, 2009 at 20:28
Thanks everyone, always good to get first hand info.
Cheers
Tony
AnswerID: 346786

Sponsored Links