HELP REQ battery fault Battery World.

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 01, 2009 at 12:37
ThreadID: 65593 Views:2438 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I need some assistance in getting in contact with the Battery World retailer in Mentone, my problem is i have a remco 100ah battery and its on its last legs.
When i realsied i had a problem the battery had discharged with a 60l evacool fridge from full charge (i think) to 12.3 volts in 3hrs at this stage i disconected the fridge (lucky its a evacool filled the sucker with ice)
When i measured the battery in the morning it was 11.7v i've currently got the bat on a c-tec 15a charger, been on now for 3 hours has not moved off 25% full.
I've been abel to get in contact with BW lilydale and a very helpful bloke by the name of Glen, but even with his best efforts i'm still stuck.
As i'm heading to Tassie tomorrow at 9am i would like to fix the problem now. The only BW outlets in Tas are in the south.
Am i right in saying that Federal Batteries in Sydney supply remco if so does any one know some one that stocks in the north of Tas.
And talk about luck i guess (look on the bright side), got 20 days left on warranty.

Regards.......Stephen
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RV Powerstream P/L - Sunday, Feb 01, 2009 at 12:58

Sunday, Feb 01, 2009 at 12:58
Battery World has a National Number 131760.

Ryde Batteries do have the Remco but if you can, put in A Decca Sea Mate of Equivalent size as they are made by East Penn USA and stack up as good as a Lifeline for a lot less dollars than Lifeline and are superior to the Remco.

Ian
AnswerID: 347037

Follow Up By: stephen looking - Sunday, Feb 01, 2009 at 13:47

Sunday, Feb 01, 2009 at 13:47
Thanks Ian,
Tried the number again thought i might have missed something in the pre recording but i didn't.
What is a ruff price guide for these batts, say 100ah fits in the hole, do you think i can swap a remco for a Deka? guess its up to the supplier.

Regards.......Stephen.

FollowupID: 615171

Reply By: RV Powerstream P/L - Thursday, Feb 05, 2009 at 17:50

Thursday, Feb 05, 2009 at 17:50
Yes the Deca comes in varying sizes and you should be able to get one tomatch the Remco.
Sorry about the lateness of the reply.
Ian
AnswerID: 347706

Sponsored Links